PDA

View Full Version : L.W. to much money?

Max Wolf
02-22-2003, 01:25 PM
Hey light wave is great. but for the us not going to colage or out already it is a bit to much

hrgiger
02-22-2003, 01:56 PM
It all depends on how much you like doing 3D. Lightwave is already one of the cheaper packages out there. Well, unless you count things like Truespace, Poser, Bryce, Animation Master which are lower end packages. Truespace borders middle end but I've used it and I hate, hate, hated the interface. I think Lightwave is a steal for the features and support you get. Especially right now with the training bundle they're throwing in. That's an awesome deal and I wish I would have had that when I bought LW.

DigiLusionist
02-22-2003, 01:59 PM
For students, the LW educational version (which functions the same as the commercial version) is probably what you're looking for, Max Wolf. You can qualify to buy the ed version by enrolling in a LW training program that has that arrangement with NT.

lord
02-22-2003, 07:42 PM
Good lord are you kidding?

LightWaves cheap enough as it is.

GruvSyco
02-22-2003, 10:22 PM
Plus, Newtek frequently does some really cool deals. I got LW in a deal to upgrade from Inspire. They now have a deal for current LW users to get Aura for $295. They do stuff like this alot.

Mylenium
02-23-2003, 06:50 AM
Hehe, just couldn't help myself and laugh out loud. That is possibly the most stupid thing I heard for a rather long time. LW is really affordable if not cheap. And even then you could go for some even cheaper apps like Truespace, Animation Master, Carrara etc.. I think the most expensive prog out there is possibly MAX because it always requires the latest hardware and for rendering you need to at least buy a plugin like Final Render or such.

Mylenium

Skonk
02-23-2003, 09:05 AM
The deal u can get now with all the training stuff is unreal.

James..

rabid pitbull
02-23-2003, 10:37 AM
man o man safe harbour is still selling LW for $999. that is a great deal!

Max Wolf
02-28-2003, 02:20 PM
:takes all change out of pockets and dumbs it on floor. and starts to coun::

$0.01
$0.02
$23.95
..........:rolleyes:

FenrirWolf
02-28-2003, 05:01 PM
Originally posted by GruvSyco
Plus, Newtek frequently does some really cool deals. I got LW in a deal to upgrade from Inspire. They now have a deal for current LW users to get Aura for $295. They do stuff like this alot. WOW! Holy crap! I missed this! *goes to click buy buy BUY!*

I've been wanting Aura, I've seen live demonstrations of what it could do. Pretty sweet, it looks a lot nicer than Premiere, and the plus-side is its LW integration.

And I agree with everyone -- LW is unbelievably priced, compared to what it can do. 3Ds Max, for some oddball reason, is considered the "norm" in gaming industry but it easily costs twice as much, more if you want the character studio. I haven't used the others, however, so I can't speak of their quality.

PHilly[Dee]
02-28-2003, 07:55 PM
Originally posted by CIM
Lightwave is dirt cheap for what it's capable of. Crappy Max is the one that's too expensive. Hell, Discreet should pay you to use it or atleast give it away free (which the do alot).

True true!!

Max Wolf
03-01-2003, 11:12 AM
f every one who read this sent me a dollor (us) i could by it.....:D

Judas cow
03-01-2003, 08:22 PM
Max Wolf, is english your first language? Just wondering.

hrgiger
03-01-2003, 10:49 PM
There are LW users from all over the world on this forum. A lot of people's first language probably isn't english.

And Max, I'll send you a dollar.:)

hrgiger
03-02-2003, 10:18 AM
And by the way, I know this is probably an unpopular view but I actually think that LW should cost more then it does. Can't get some top notch engineering/programming talent withtout some money to throw around. Just IMHO

Max Wolf
03-03-2003, 09:18 AM
::read his last post::
ahhhhhhhh
what was i thinking....
::hits head on wall::
dumb dumb dumb
::still is hitting head on wall::
must read before send in new post to check for spelling
::still hitting head::
must slow down
och i got a headacke