PDA

View Full Version : Lighting troubles

~DD~Apocalypse
04-02-2008, 11:25 PM
I haven't posted for a LONG time due to a period of inactivity, but I'm back, and with a fresh crop of noob questions.

First problem:
I can't use more that 1 light in my scene. For some reason, only one light shows up when I try to render anything. If I put two glow lights in, only one shows, or 2 spotlights, only one shows up.

Second problem:
Volumetric Lighting - Can someone suggest a good tutorial?

http://aycu37.webshots.com/image/51636/2004777439383861650_rs.jpg

That is the project i'm currently working on. I know the character models aren't detailed at all. The render was only supposed to give a silhouette of them, and I was going to do that with volumetric lighting, coming from behind them. As you can see, I have failed miserably.

As they say on the interwebz... HALP!

THREEL
04-03-2008, 01:58 AM
Hi Bronson,

First problem: Could you possibly post the scene & objects, so maybe we could disect & figure out where the problem is? There could be a few reasons for what's happening.

Second problem:

Check this out:

Hours of Free LightWave Training (24 Hours+)

It's a sticky thread at the top of LW--Tips, Tricks, & Techniques

William Vaughan, aka Proton, covered almost every aspect of :lwicon:.

There you will find a cool tutorial on Volumetric Lighting.

Hope this helps!

tHREEL, but you can call me AL.

~DD~Apocalypse
04-03-2008, 08:39 PM
Ok... I must have toyed with something I didn't know about yesterday, because it magically fixed itself today, which is good. I don't even know what I was messing with. Ok, not that that's settled, onto to volumetric lighting.
I'll definitely give that thread a look-over. Lightwave isn't my main past-time. I'm currently in Rutgers University for Aerospace Engineering, so 3d most of the time gets shoved on the back burner.

Also, another dumb question... is there anyone that could get the ~DD~ Out of my name? I haven't been in that unit for like 4 and a half years now.

~DD~Apocalypse
04-03-2008, 09:27 PM
Oh man, the lighting looks so much better now! Thanks so much!
http://aycu22.webshots.com/image/50461/2004291855050208667_rs.jpg
Now on to finish the modeling, and I gotta make a neon sign for the center.

I gotta search through that tutorial to see if it says how to make objects glow!