PDA

View Full Version : 3d plugin menu option is dimmed in photoshop

jasond
04-02-2008, 04:10 PM
I note that in the readme it doesn't mention the registration wizard so I activated the software (I think I did) by registering it online and inputing the license key into the "about Rendition" window.

So, assuming that this does take the place of the function of the AWOL "registration wizard," I now can't access the plugin in photoshop.

messiah
04-02-2008, 04:16 PM
access the plugin you need to have some 3d content loaded

rdxl9
04-02-2008, 07:05 PM
need to have 3D content loaded.... but of course there is no telling how to do that. You can't open a lwo or lws file, so exactly how is one to get 3D content in there then?

warrenwc
04-02-2008, 07:49 PM
Try the tutorials
http://www.newtek.com/forums/showthread.php?t=82453
It works fine for me...:)

rdxl9
04-02-2008, 08:08 PM
But the 3D menu item is grayed out and doesn't work, so I can't follow the steps outlined in the tutorial.

I am on a mac, maybe that is what is wrong?

warrenwc
04-02-2008, 09:08 PM
I can't speak for the mac version, Mine worked just like the tut said.
Did you follow the order & go to Layer>3D Layers>New Layer From 3D File first?

Marvin Miller
04-02-2008, 09:48 PM
There are two ways to load a .lwo file, assuming you have the .lwo importer plugin installed. (.lws files are not supported)

1) Go to File>Open and change the file type to LightWave Object (.lwo)
2) Open a New file and go to the menu Layer>3D Layers>New Layer (as Warrenwc suggested)

After this you can use the LightWave Rendition plugin. The plugin will not open until it is activated in the About Box.

yamunatri
11-29-2008, 03:44 AM
Ok, I had an Epson stylus c60-color. It is good then all of sudden when I turned it on, it started making noises! I took it out and checked it out. It was a little black piece inside that just broke! I don't know how that happened? So I need a new one now. I am looking for a very good quality color printer for printing reports, essays and some pictures. What is the best brand for a home use printer at a reasonable price---not so very expensive?