PDA

View Full Version : don't see the beta download...

jasond
04-02-2008, 04:25 PM
Obviously I see the beta forum, and apparently someone is getting a download link. All I see is "You dont have any LightWave Rendition? For Adobe? Photoshop? registrations with NewTek for the username you logged in with."

Any hints?

warrenwc
04-02-2008, 08:51 PM
You should get an E-mail with the download instructions & link.
That is if you joined the beta

jasond
04-02-2008, 10:48 PM
but it was previous to the option to *purchase* the beta, so it seems I was signed up for the notice and the forums, but no access to the software.

So, if anyone is in the same boat, go back to the rendition page and hit "open beta" again and buy the software.

In other words, you probably shouldn't have had to do it the first time since that was sort of useless.

BlueApple
04-03-2008, 08:21 AM
I am having the same problem. I can purchase the beta software for $99 and can see the forums, but I do not see any option for a free download of the beta.

Where is the free beta download?

jasond
04-03-2008, 11:09 AM
Which I'm much less enthusiastic about with the initial offering as indicated by Marvin's answers to my first bug reports.

I hope they can bump Rendition towards a little more power and independence from Photoshop's apparent limitations.

BlueApple
04-04-2008, 09:33 AM
Cutting a product's price by a third is nice, but I wasn't sure if I was ever going to buy this plugin. Already owning a lovely rendering environment (Layout,) this is one tool that I am on the fence about. However, I was happy to lend a hand in testing it to work out the kinks.

Rendition still sounds like a great tool, but I don't think I'll be forking over the $100 to help beta test it. Good luck to the rest of you.

warrenwc
04-04-2008, 03:37 PM
In all fairness. you have to own Lightwave 9 to participate in the beta.
Free is great, but 30% off is pretty sweet for something you want.

BlueApple
04-04-2008, 05:17 PM
I totally agree Warren, shaving the price down to reward beta testers is a nice gift.

From my perspective I was offering my time to test a product. I am not in a situation where I am willing to buy it in order to test it. When Rendition comes out and it's as solid as I hope it will be, I may just buy it.

My good luck wishes to the rest of you are sincere. I am going to focus my time on testing other things...