PDA

View Full Version : cutting shapes in modeler

rakennedy75
07-19-2003, 08:11 PM
I am just starting with lightwave, What I am trying to figure out is how to take one shape and use that shape to cut a shape into a larger second shape in modeler.

If you are famaliar with a program like Illustrator, the same type of feature that the pathfinder (in illustrator) will accomplish.

Does this make sense and is this possible or is there another way to accomplish this.

Also along the same lines, I imported an illustrator file that has closed paths like the letter a. The inner shape is closed, when I bring this into lightwave modeler it keeps that shape, whats the best way to cut that shape out.

Any help would be greatly appreciated, thanks for your time.

drclare
07-19-2003, 08:24 PM
When you import an illustrator file, select the auto axis drill option. This will maintain the holes in letters.

To cut shapes with another shape, make sure that the shape you want to cut is in a foreground layer, and the shape you want to use as the cutter is in a background layer. Then select the boolean in the construct tab, and select the subtract method.

rakennedy75
07-20-2003, 12:20 AM
Thanks for the help, just a matter of learning the tools better. Appreciate the time.