PDA

View Full Version : Welcome to Rendition Discussion

Paul Lara
04-02-2008, 12:24 PM
Thank you for coming. This is the place to talk about rendition with other users, and explore the options that this presents.

rdxl9
04-02-2008, 09:10 PM
to help with problems?

Victor Garcia
07-01-2008, 04:08 PM
Can Rendition be used to render animations created with Google Sketch-up?

BeeVee
07-02-2008, 07:25 AM
In as much as Photoshop can be used for animation purposes, yes. However, it's not Photoshop's main strength so it might be making more work for yourself. rdxl9: What problems are you having?

B

safetyman
07-07-2008, 08:11 AM
I can't find an "Order Number" anywhere (downloaded the Beta from register.newtek.com). I've got the Product ID, but no Order Number. Where do I find it?

BeeVee
07-07-2008, 08:32 AM
You would have an order number if you had ordered Rendition. If you just download it from your account you won't be able to activate it. To order it you need to live in the US for the moment.

B

Victor Garcia
07-08-2008, 12:12 PM
In as much as Photoshop can be used for animation purposes, yes. However, it's not Photoshop's main strength so it might be making more work for yourself. rdxl9: What problems are you having?

B

No problem. I am considering purchasing Rendition. Wanted to know ifit can render Google Sketch-up animations. I created a 6 scene animation with Sketch-up.

In what format does Rendition export an rendered Sketch-up animation?

safetyman
07-09-2008, 06:33 AM
You would have an order number if you had ordered Rendition. If you just download it from your account you won't be able to activate it. To order it you need to live in the US for the moment.

B

If I can't activate it, how do I use the Beta????? Why do we have the ability to download the Beta, but we can't use it??? Not sure what I'm missing here.

Gary Wales
07-22-2008, 06:18 AM
I'm also having this "dead end" problem...

BeeVee
07-22-2008, 07:50 AM
Hi safteyman and Gary Wales,

Rendition is currently only for sale in the US. The fact that you can download it from your accounts does not mean that it can be used currently since you would need to have bought it to activate it and you can't buy it because it's only available for sale in the US. NewTek is working on making it available worldwide as we speak.

B

UnCommonGrafx
07-30-2008, 08:14 PM
So BeeVee,
Why is it there??
Nothing I haven't bought is there so why is this nugget? Is this some new kind of marketing ploy?

If it's not available to me it ought not be in my account. That's how logic would dictate the "my account" idea.

BeeVee
07-31-2008, 08:52 AM
It's a technical thing. The LWO Importer *is* available to everyone, whether they have LightWave or not, and technically, it's part of Rendition...

B

UnCommonGrafx
07-31-2008, 09:29 AM
Hmm... no, it isn't; it's essentially available to those who have paid for it, correct? That's the only distinction I make on a page that gives me available downloads based on what I've paid for.
Your distinction still leaves me puzzled as to why it available on this page, as I've not paid for it, and why it is being advertised as available to me on the registration page, similar to how the other "freebies" were announced to we registered users.

I'm not being difficult just for difficulty sake. I really am trying to get past the marketing angle I see for this info being in my "I paid for the following..." area.

BeeVee
07-31-2008, 10:03 AM
It's not a marketing thing. *everyone* can have the LWO Importer. *Only* people who have paid for it can have Rendition. The fact that anyone can download it is not enough.

B

Global Hawk
09-02-2008, 09:01 AM
My company/team is looking at buying Rendition for several reasons. But one question that keeps coming up is how high of resolution files can Rendition handle?

What I mean is that for a few years now we've been using LightWave to create elements for poster size graphics, sizes like 60"x40" at 300 dpi. Now LightWave wasn't meant for that I know, and doesn't like to output files that big so those elements are often rather fuzzy and not very high quality. So were' wondering if Rendition can, and we can get LightWave back to making the animations that we also produce.

Can the render engine in Rendition output that high of rez images? Will Rendition be the answer to our problem?

messiah
09-12-2008, 04:31 AM
Generaly Rendition for Photoshop have the same constraints as Photoshop in terms of memory when it comes to 3D Meshes.
For creating large print rez images I would probably use Lightwave directly if you have access to it simply as you have more control over the end result and memory footprint.