PDA

View Full Version : Particles Target issue...bug???

Johnny
04-02-2008, 09:45 AM
this might be old news to some, but I'm *just* getting around to using particles, and I've noticed that after I've selected a target for my particles (Motion tab) even after I SAVE AS my scene, the target pulldown menu stubbornly returns to "none."

I've taken to checking it, re-assigning it and doing one last Save As right before I set up the Screamernet session..

Anyone else notice this?

J

globalnode
04-02-2008, 09:51 AM
You have to save out a pfx file anyway to use particles on screamer net, so the target issue wouldnt be an issue...

Johnny
04-02-2008, 09:54 AM
You have to save out a pfx file anyway to use particles on screamer net, so the target issue wouldnt be an issue...

Well, I am saving the pfx file, but within the scene, after the Target reverts to "none" I can see the change in the particles...they no longer point to or move to what I've designated AS the target.

Doesn't that pfx file contain the "target" information? So if I don't double check that the target stays put just before I save out my pfx, then, it'll contain "none" for target, right?

J

globalnode
04-02-2008, 10:07 AM
Well, I am saving the pfx file, but within the scene, after the Target reverts to "none" I can see the change in the particles...they no longer point to or move to what I've designated AS the target.

Doesn't that pfx file contain the "target" information? So if I don't double check that the target stays put just before I save out my pfx, then, it'll contain "none" for target, right?

J

Right... But as long as you have your pfx file you are good for screamer net. Would be nice if it kept your setting though, for editing purposes...

Johnny
04-02-2008, 10:14 AM
Right... But as long as you have your pfx file you are good for screamer net. Would be nice if it kept your setting though, for editing purposes...

OK...well, I've always tended to be a last-minute checker of settings anyway...

good to know..thanks!

J