PDA

View Full Version : video import

vassago
07-19-2003, 07:39 PM
i need to import video with an alpha channel and move it among other 3d elements.
currently i can't import any video into the app, in texture editor, surface editor, or even to alpy it as a background.
I'm using lw 7.5c on mac with 1.5 gig RAM.

I have reloaded all plugins, but still no solution.

John Fornasar
07-19-2003, 08:17 PM
Open Image Editor, hit the Load button and select the first frame of your sequence. Then go down (on the Source tab), and at Image Type, click on the button and select Sequence.

Now go into Backdrop, Compositing tab, and when you click on Background Image, you'll see "yourfilename" (sequence).

vassago
07-20-2003, 11:57 AM
You’re a genius; I grovel at your feet, as the blood red moon gives way to a beautiful sunrise and legions of your followers throw flowers.

iandavis
07-20-2003, 06:08 PM
most LW users don't realize how FREAKIN SIMPLE it is to do compositing in lightwave. I haven't touched premier since I started using LW for compositing.

Another tip, make sure you render ALL of your files as sequential images, and in most cases you can actually get away with .jpg files. ( I did many, many image tests to see if I could detect the compression artifacting, and I couldn't) I now store locally all of my raw animation data where I used to archive it due to size. A 100+ MB animation series now takes up less then 10MB as a sequential series of .jpg files.

Also get in the habit of naming your files with descriptive names, not 'animation' or 'alpha' because, later when you want to composite using 10 different alphas you will have a list:
Alpha
Alpha animation
animation alpha
alpha 2
alpha 4

Oh that's helpful!

I speak from my own stupid history. he he

Oh, and always add the "_" character at the end of the filename, this way the animations are:
"Billbob RGB2_0101.jpg"
and not:
"Billbob RGB20101.jpg"
Lightwave will think your animation starts on frame 20101 rather then frame 101! Another big messup taught me that one.

Well, enough preaching. he he

cheers.