PDA

View Full Version : Trial version 9.0...question..??

CaptCarty
04-02-2008, 08:27 AM
Ive been looking to up-date my version of LW 7.5.....to the latest version. I might try the trial version of 9.0. My question is, can I DL 9.0, and then update it to version 9.3.1 to try an up-to-date version of LW with all current fetures? I would rather not have to decide on buying an out-of-date/older version of a software package without trying the current/up-to-date version I would be buying< after all the updates and patches>.

Titus
04-02-2008, 09:48 AM
About upgrading your version from 7.5 to 9.x. There's a big leap between those versions, so many changes you'll not find time to learn all the new features. I discover new things every day.

Just watch the videos made by Proton, they will give you an idea of all the new tools.

http://www.newtek.com/lightwave/training.php?t=77002

Phil
04-02-2008, 11:55 AM
You can download the release version of 9.3.1 to try. Installing it will allow you to run in Discovery Mode. You can activate a 30 day trial in full working mode as well. After the 30 days, it will revert to Discovery Mode :

Windows : ftp://lw9download:[email protected]/lw9.3.1_win32.zip
Mac (PowerPC) : ftp://lw9download:[email protected]/lw9.3.1_mac32.zip
Mac (UB) : ftp://lw9download:[email protected]/lw9.3.1_macUB.zip

NewTek seems to be determined to avoid updating their trial page until the next 9.x release. Complaints to [email protected] may get them to revise their approach to demo versions in future.