PDA

View Full Version : importing video texture

vassago
07-19-2003, 05:25 PM
i need to import video with an alpha channel and move it among other 3d elements.
currently i can't import any video into the app, in texture editor, surface editor, or even to alpy it as a background.
I'm using lw 7.5c on mac with 1.5 gig RAM.

vassago
07-19-2003, 06:22 PM
I have reloaded all plugins, but still no solution.

drclare
07-19-2003, 08:19 PM
Are you doing this in Layout or Modeler. Someone recently posted about having problems importing images in Layout. If you are using layout, try importing it in Modeler.

vassago
07-19-2003, 08:26 PM
thanks for the idea, that don't seem to help either tho.

drclare
07-19-2003, 08:29 PM
The only suggestion i might have would be to reinstall lightwave, even though that's a pain. Sorry.

Beamtracer
07-19-2003, 10:02 PM
First, launch the IMAGE Editor and try loading up your Quicktime movie from there. If the Image Editor is showing a small preview of the QT movie, then the problem is the way you've applied it to surfaces.

That's the most likely thing wrong. If it still doesn't work, then here's some more advice:

Make sure you hit F9 to render a frame. Don't just rely on the OpenGL view in your Lightwave viewports.

Have you tested Lightwave by importing other Quicktime movies? For example, download a Quicktime from the web and see if it imports into Lightwave.

If you're in too much of a hurry to solve the problem, you may want to get hold of the Pro version of the Quicktime Player, and use it to translate your QT into an image sequence.

Find out what codec your QT movie uses. Open it in any QT player and hit Apple+i to get info. A little white box appears with the info about your movie, and tells you what format it's in.

Make sure you have a fairly recent Quicktime player installed on your machine. It might be worth reinstalling a new Quicktime player in case some other application installed an older version or broke it somehow.

If you follow this advice I think you'll have Quicktime movies running in your scene in no time! :)

munky
07-20-2003, 11:59 AM
I've done a lot of texture mapped video in lightwave and at the end of the day I don't bother using quicktimes anymore as they make lw a bit flakey and slow. The most reliable format that I've found are Targas so I convert all video to targa sequences and I don't get renders crashing and spoiling my day.

If you qt loader plug in isn't working then delete it and reload it as just reloading sometimes doesn't sortout the problem

hope this is of help

regards

paul

vassago
07-20-2003, 12:03 PM
this worked, thanks so much. Now i'll use still sequences.