PDA

View Full Version : Config trouble...

alexos
04-01-2008, 05:00 AM
...So I had my carefully built LW9 layout CFG, and when the new workstation arrived I saved it to a file, moved it to the network and reloaded it after installing LW - no problems. Except, the new WS had Windows Vista which after a couple of days of testing I decided to forget about; I formatted, installed the old and faithful (who would have thought I'd end up saying that...) XP pro SP2, reinstalled LW, copied my .cfg, loaded it and... it doesn't work! I'm getting a blank sidebar, no menus, no nothing. I can get into layout's config menu using alt+F10 and if I change it to, say, studio production everything is there... but when I load my cfg it all disappears.

The .cfg seems fine - as in, it's not garbled or anything, every line is perfectly readable and so on; of course there has to be something wrong in it somewhere, but I have no idea what to look for... anyone?

ADP.

donny
04-04-2008, 09:12 AM
Check to see if you are running the same version of LightWave. Also make sure it does not have a hidden .txt file extension on it.

atmceuen
11-30-2008, 05:08 PM
Tried to get config to stop saving in my personel folder even if I set right. What's up?

donny
12-01-2008, 08:31 AM
How are you telling it to not save in the folder did you modify the shortcuts? Here is what mine looks like

"C:\Program Files\NewTek\LightWave 3D 9.5\Programs\modeler.exe" -0 -c"C:\Program Files\NewTek\LightWave 3D 9.5\Configs"