PDA

View Full Version : Streaming out of Tricaster with Flash Media Encoder

gameguyag
03-31-2008, 07:02 PM
I love the tricaster and we use it every day sending out our live show. The way things are moving now with social video sites like Ustream/Justin.tv etc. the format is flash video. The video is great quality at pretty low bitrates and the compatibility is really the big benefit.
We currently have to go video OUT of the tricaster into a converter, then convert that to firewire and send it into a computer running the flash media encoder. Why on earth won't the Tricaster let me put flash media encoder on the computer and send it directly from there letting me eliminate the need for another computer on remote shoots?
Why can't the flash media encoder see the video capture device the way the windows media encoder can?
Is this a deal newtek has with microsoft to make it only work with Windows media??

Thanks in advance for any assistance.

mhoppes
04-14-2008, 02:41 PM
I will second this. We are really not enjoying Windows Media, and would like to see flash support.:agree:

SBowie
04-14-2008, 03:19 PM
You're going to be a happy camper then .... (watch for the NAB news.)

mhoppes
04-14-2008, 03:39 PM
Please excuse my ignorance here. Where exactly will this info be found? I looked briefly on the NAB show website, but didn't see anything that looked like a place suck information would be posted. :thumbsup:

SBowie
04-14-2008, 03:48 PM
I haven't seen anything pop up yet either - well, I did see one reference, but it's been a long day and it slips my mind where I saw it. I hate to steal NewTek's thunder, so will just say "keep watching for news." There's quite a bit of TriCaster news for NAB, actually! :)

rally1
04-14-2008, 06:10 PM
See the general forum for news.
Tricaster 2.0 will allow flash streaming.

mhoppes
04-15-2008, 07:31 AM
Ok, sorry if any of these questions are obvious... I couldn't find the answer.

Did you SEE something in the General forum (I didn't) or were you just telling me to check there for the official update?

Is 2.0 a free upgrade to registered users, or will that be a new model?

CreatvGnius
04-15-2008, 07:41 AM
Ok, sorry if any of these questions are obvious... I couldn't find the answer.

Did you SEE something in the General forum (I didn't) or were you just telling me to check there for the official update?

Is 2.0 a free upgrade to registered users, or will that be a new model?$495
-PeterG

mhoppes
04-15-2008, 07:43 AM
$495
-PeterG

Fair enough. Anyone know if dealers get a special rate?