PDA

View Full Version : Camera & Lights Not Staying Put

CardMSG
07-19-2003, 02:51 PM
I've been working on a scene where I have 3 lights and 1 camera. Now, when I open the scene and try to reposition the lights (or camera), they do move to the new location, but as soon as I hit F9 to render a frame, the render shows the old location. Then I hit Abort and the lights (or camera) have jumped back to their previous location.

I've tried closing LightWave and adding new lights, but it keeps happening. I'm wondering if I somehow changed some setting somewhere? Hopefully, what I'm saying makes sense.

I'm experimenting with volumetric lighting too, in case that might have something to do with this. I haven't tried deleting my .cfg files yet because I've created custom interface colors and my own personal tab in both Modeler and Layout. I'd hate to have to redo those :( (Unless there's an easy way to save/restore custom cfg settings :confused: )

Thanks!

evenflcw
07-19-2003, 03:04 PM
This is a common beginner mistake.

Everything needs keyframes to stick! (some exceptions)

You can create keyframes by pressing enter, or just turn on Auto Key to have LW create them automatically. You'll find the buttons right at the bottom of the Lightwave window under the timeline.

EDIT: Found a good and lenghty thread that you might find helpful :)
http://vbulletin.newtek.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=5045&highlight=auto+key+create

CardMSG
07-19-2003, 03:27 PM
Thank you! Of course, I did just disable "Auto Key"... hehe

I've spent most of my time in modeler and am just now exploring layout, so I have to get aquainted with these concepts now.

Thanks again!!