PDA

View Full Version : Spinosaur

Chilton
03-31-2008, 11:21 AM
Hi,

I started out drawing dinosaurs when I was a kid, and now my son (9) is interested in dinos, and draws them all the time. His favorite artist is Luis Rey, but lately he's been very interested in several other dino artists. The problem is, there aren't too many artists out there that draw the really rare dinos, which is what he's really into right now. I've decided I'm going to take a stab at it. So I told Graham I plan on sticking some pics in here regularly as a way to force myself to get back into it.

So... this is a Spinosaur. It's a generic one. My son says I screwed up lots of things in it, so it's not really any one type of Spinosaur. But I'll improve :D

I need to redo his eye, so I wiped that out in this sketch. I'll post more of it as I work on it.

And the next ones probably won't be as well known.

-Chilton

bluerider
03-31-2008, 12:48 PM
Hey Chilton,
I like that you choose an awkward angle. I am not really familar with this breed of Dino either. I need to look out for a new toy.

Steamthrower
03-31-2008, 01:01 PM
Chilton, you program and you draw at the same time! Interesting. I was always under the assumption that a human could either draw or program. Looks like I was proved wrong.

Mitja
03-31-2008, 01:20 PM
a human could either draw or program. Looks like I was proved wrong.

..hmm, are you sure? Look at the right paw of the dinosaur, seems like it's holding a mouse....:hey:
And Chilton, your Spinosaur is ok, you didn't screwed up much!

Chilton
03-31-2008, 01:23 PM
Well, as Graham knows, I haven't drawn anything of merit in years. I'm hoping I can use this forum to force myself back into it.

-Chilton

bluerider
03-31-2008, 03:01 PM
Chilton, you program and you draw at the same time! Interesting. I was always under the assumption that a human could either draw or program. Looks like I was proved wrong.

One hand on a mouse, another on a pencil.....ambidextrous, his middle initial isn't A for nothing old chaps.

Steamthrower
03-31-2008, 03:53 PM
Hmm, I'm ambidextrous as well but I'm definitely not simultaneously ambidextrous...but then again we all knew Chilton had superpowers.

Chilton
03-31-2008, 04:50 PM
If you consider the ability to go for weeks on nothing but poppyseed muffins and Dr Pepper a SuperPower, then yeah, I'm some kind of mutant freak :thumbsup:

-Chilton

DiedonD
04-04-2008, 01:57 AM
Yeah the Spinosaur is considered to be a top one to one predator on land. T-Rex was proven to be a scavenger, thus leaving the first place to this guy. Looks alroght to me too. Would you dare paint it :hey: ?

Its funny, the moment you start painting it it looses something. Something valuable. Even if it ends photorealistic to the point of taking a picture after traveliing in time.