PDA

View Full Version : NewTek Featured on FastCompany.tv!

pnelson
03-31-2008, 07:00 AM
Check out the following link! I was recently interviewed by Robert Scoble during his post-SXSW trip to San Antonio.

He REALLY liked TriCaster
http://www.fastcompany.tv/video/a-new-way-do-live-tv-production

See Ya,

Matt
03-31-2008, 07:38 AM
Great little spot!

IMI
03-31-2008, 08:32 AM
Hey, that's pretty cool!
Funny thing is, just the other day I was wondering , just what exactly is Tricaster? Now I guess I know.
I had always assumed it was some big fancy piece of equipment like a mixer, just a small part of a million dollars worth of technology to get a TV show out. I had no idea it's such a standalone thing like that.
Damn, now I want one...

andrew_y
03-31-2008, 08:48 AM
check out the user stories to see how others are using it.
http://www.newtek.com/tricaster/videolibrary.php

or http://www.newtek.com/tricaster/projects.php

pnelson
03-31-2008, 02:03 PM
IMI,

If you need a TriCaster I MAY know someone who can help you out. ;)

Seriously, I apprecaite you guys checking out the video. If you have a change make sure you "Digg" it!! If we get enough Diggs it may just end up on Diggnation..

Later,

ted
03-31-2008, 06:32 PM
I got a kick out of the comments on the "comment on this video" section.

Whelkn
03-31-2008, 07:46 PM
The host of the show acted like he had never seen video before-- hes the Huel Howser of internet tv.

pnelson
03-31-2008, 08:58 PM
Hey Ted,

Feel free to comment. Also if you have a change "Digg" the story! It helps us move up the ladder of coolness!

pnelson
03-31-2008, 08:58 PM
Ok.. You are faster than me.. Nice comment! ;)

Thanks,

ted
03-31-2008, 10:35 PM
Ok.. You are faster than me.. Nice comment! ;)
Thanks,

Have you ever known me to not comment? :D

IMI
04-01-2008, 03:37 PM
IMI,

If you need a TriCaster I MAY know someone who can help you out. ;)

Didn't say I needed one, just that I want one. Lotsa things I want. ;)

But actually I was thinking... My parents are all into various community things and they have a couple of clubs which sponsor annual events which turn out to be decent sized affairs, particularly their annual Oktoberfest. Typically they videotape portions of these events. My stepdad can't be parted with from his camcorder once he gets his hands on it, and gets *alot* of footage. (Which the whole family eventually has to watch over and over again. ;) )
Nothing particularly professional, mind you, but I'm thinking he'd be all into the Tricaster idea. I'm assuming it need not be used only for live video streaming? That it can also simply record to tape or disk?

Will "Digg it". :)

jburford
04-02-2008, 11:32 AM
Nice, I want a Tricaster also!!!

pnelson
04-02-2008, 01:02 PM
IMI,

TriCaster can output to a Projector, NTSC Video and Webcast. It can also record the show to the internal hard disk. :)

ted
04-02-2008, 02:00 PM
IMI, I've been finding that TriCaster is "almost" too much for some clients initially. So I try and determin their needs before boasting about everything it can do so they don't think they aren't in need of the TriCaster. This has worked well so far.

I anticipate most of my gigs will simply be recording a multi-camera production and nothing more. This saves a lot of post production time.

But the beauty of TriCaster is that it can be so much more which opens up many new "streams" of revenue. So far I have 2 events in our market that will have a need for the recording, projection and streaming. These came to us without spreading the word. I wonder how big this will get once we start selling the idea.

So don't worry that the TriCaster can do more than what a specific job needs. :thumbsup:

Hopper
04-02-2008, 05:58 PM
Hah! .. I may inadvertantly just sold a handful of these things for you guys. Like IMI, I never really paid much attention to what TriCaster was, but when I saw the video I just had to forward the link to some of the guys I used to work with. I got three immediate emails back and one phone call asking me what I knew about NewTek.

I'll keep you posted. For most 2008 budget is spoken for, but I'll bet some of these guys are looking for something cool and shiny for xmas.

pnelson
04-02-2008, 06:09 PM
That is awesome news! Let me know if I can help you friends out with a demo