PDA

View Full Version : can't make lightwave to work other than in discovery mode on OSX

cgirolet
03-30-2008, 07:43 AM
hello

i'm very new to the mac and i decided to install lightwave 9.5 on my new imac the installation went well (i've also installed eve3 framework) but each time i run it it says that it can't find my licence key and thus stays in discovery mode, i used the option to enter the key in layout and it worked and says that i must relaunch layout, but nothing is happening the layout stays in discovery mode and says it can't find my license.key

i looked on my hard disk in the claudegirolet/bibliotheque/preferences/lightwave3d directory and the licence.key is there with the correct number i also tried to copy it on the main mybrary folder under preferences/lightwave3D but still the same problem

can you help please (on the other side it works well on my pc laptop)

why lightwave on mac is not keeping the same structure than on the pc it would be better just to make a license.key file in the programs directory

thanks in advance and keep in mind that i'm very new on the mac

Chilton
03-30-2008, 08:13 AM
Hi,

Well, we're not supposed to talk about 9.5 in the public forum. If you go to the Open Beta forum, and ask there, you'll get an answer. There's a whole section for just the Universal Binary (which is what you're referring to).

-Chilton

cgirolet
04-01-2008, 12:27 PM
Hi,

Well, we're not supposed to talk about 9.5 in the public forum. If you go to the Open Beta forum, and ask there, you'll get an answer. There's a whole section for just the Universal Binary (which is what you're referring to).

-Chilton

i did just what you said and nobody answered my question, so for now i wll stick on modo on the mac side and lw on the pc as nobody is interested in helping me solving that licence.key issue, too bad lightwave community used to be more kind and responsive before, well maybe they changed anyway have a nice day

claude

Chilton
04-01-2008, 02:07 PM
Hi,

I'm sorry, I thought you read that forum thread you posted in. The answer to your question is in that forum, a few posts above yours. If you continue to have problems, and let me know, I'd be happy to help.

-Chilton