PDA

View Full Version : Figure Reconstruction

Skinner3D
03-28-2008, 08:17 AM
:confused: I am not sure if this is the right place to post this but I had to try. If I posted some images here, would one of you amazing artists be able to reconstruct the figure into a front, side, etc view?
The thing I am trying to reconstruct is from an old DOS based game, and I would like to try to model it in Lightwave eventually.
:help:

Skinner3D
03-29-2008, 10:25 AM
:o I still don't know if this is the forum where I should have put this, but here are the images.

I am sorry about the quality. I took this pictures using the webcam of a different computer. If anyone knows how to get better screenshots, I am willing to go back into the game and take the pictures

Etch
03-29-2008, 12:33 PM
If the game has a screenshot command that would be the best, check in the controls menu.

If it doesn't you could hit the Print Screen key then paste the image into paint and save it.

Skinner3D
03-30-2008, 05:35 PM
I have tried using the print screen button, but I don't think it takes anything. None of my image editing programs acknowledge that there is something to paste if I use that button on one of my DOS games

The game itself doesnt have any print screen commands

Tzan
03-31-2008, 09:29 AM
Fraps has a screen capture function

http://www.fraps.com/

Skinner3D
04-01-2008, 12:18 PM
:D That is a nice program, but unfortutely it doesnt even try to grab the screen when I am using my dos games.

Even if I do find a program that screen caps dos, I will still have to find someone who can pull all the pieces together in drawing form :rolleyes: I may be able to find someone crazy enough to try in my college's art department :D, but until then I might put this project on the backburner again.

Chilton
04-02-2008, 08:09 AM
Hi,

If you run it in a DOS emulator, I bet you could grab the screenshot with any normal screen capture app.

-Chilton

Skinner3D
04-04-2008, 02:29 PM
:thumbsup: Yep that worked, And I got to listen to the music of a game I haven't heard in years :D
Thank you

Here are the images that I capped, they are definately more clear then the above ones. Is there anybody who is willing to take a stab at drawing the reconstruction?

You may have to use some program to zoom in