PDA

View Full Version : help...Looking for media player WITH (usb) flash drive input....(?)

Jim_C
03-28-2008, 08:10 AM
Hi All,

I am on a hunt...

For a portable mp3/media player of any kind BUT it needs to have a usb input on it to plug a flash drive with audio on it straight into it.....

Picture an iPod, Zune etc with a usb port for flash drive insertion.

Anyone ever stumble on one of those???

thanks
Jim

Exception
03-28-2008, 11:01 AM
the iAudio X5 has the ability to be a USB host. You wouldn't plug it into the X5 but you'd plug it into a short cable that comes with it that in turn connects to the X5.
The X5 then functions as a primitive file browser that can copy files. It doesn't work for all devices but there's a large collection of data available through trial on the iaudiophile forums.

The iaudio X5 is an older harddisk mp3 player but to date it hasn't been surpassed in audio quality, features and battery life compared to any other mp3 player, so it's well worth the purchase. They're in 30gb, 30gb Super long battery life (40 hrs or so) and 60gb versions.

Perhaps some other Cowon players offer this too, but afaik the X5 is the smallest that does. They have awesome PMP's too.

Exception
03-28-2008, 11:07 AM
I just saw the Q5w supports USB host features too. Also has bluetooth, wireless, real time recording of audio and video and so on. http://www.cowonglobal.com/product_wide/product_Q5W_feature.php

The A2 and A3 have it as well.

RollerJesus
03-28-2008, 11:14 AM
Be awesome, make your own!

http://www.teuthis.com/html/daisy_mp3.html

Jim_C
03-29-2008, 01:05 PM
Thanks Exception... I think I am going to hunt down the X5 and get it if it fits our bill.

I work for a dance competition and teacher's can now bring us their music on flash drives.
So we need a small device that we can plug a flash drive into,have it recognized quickly, navigate thru the songs quickly(some drives have 200+ songs on them) and hit play.

A laptop and Winamp would work great but we just don't have the space on our announcer table for a laptop anymore.