PDA

View Full Version : Quidam or poser

Rob79
03-27-2008, 06:20 AM
hi all

I'm looking at Quidam or poser I'm going to try both (free trail)
I would like to know your likes and dislikes are in relation to lightwave

thanks all

Captain Obvious
03-27-2008, 06:23 AM
Neither.

Phil
03-27-2008, 06:32 AM
Poser has more content available, with a significant range of quality. I use it although it produces some incredibly dense meshes when you export them (CR2Loader/Rigger makes lighter work of rigging them up in LW).

Quidam apparently doesn't deliver such heavy meshes, but I've no direct experience of it.

jthompson3d
03-27-2008, 06:42 AM
Poser has more content available, with a significant range of quality. I use it although it produces some incredibly dense meshes when you export them (CR2Loader/Rigger makes lighter work of rigging them up in LW).

Quidam apparently doesn't deliver such heavy meshes, but I've no direct experience of it.

I agree with him, I've used them both, I still like Poser overall on what it does for me and intergrating into Lightwave.

cresshead
03-27-2008, 07:42 AM
none of the above,,try daz tudio2.0 first as it's FREE.:thumbsup:

manholoz
03-27-2008, 08:55 AM
Um Poser has a cloth simulation thingy, for that alone it could be worth your efforts.

tyrot
03-27-2008, 01:54 PM
dear Rob

i use Quidam for a long time....

the point is you must purchase Quidam Studio...otherwise you wont see nothing but heavy mesh when you exported.

Quidam's Lightwave plugin is superb...IT just put your mesh into LW layout with bones. that is really cool....

But as i said, without Quidam Studio you wont have Low Poly mesh which will be same with Posers hi-poly mesh...

Do i have Quidam Studio? Nope i didnt update...But soon i will...Because i use lots of low poly 3D characters in every archviz renders.. and some pervert clients wants an exact female from me...so quidam is so flexible from this point..And interface rocks if you ask me...

I guess dear friend 3Dworks also have a license hope he will see this thread if he doesnt ....send him a PM...

BEST

Best