PDA

View Full Version : Crap...where does the license live now?

thirdmonster
03-26-2008, 12:28 PM
I forgot. I've been on the windows side of my MacPro too long. On the Mac side the license now resides...where...? If I remember correctly it was somewhere in the library? Somewhere like that? But I need to update the license number for the 9.5 beta. Newtek, if yer reading this, send along a readme with the releases including this sort of information as a reminder since, unlike the windows side, there's no automated license generator (or automated installer for that matter). That would be super-duper-swell.

Thanks!:help: :help:

Scazzino
04-02-2008, 09:05 AM
I forgot. I've been on the windows side of my MacPro too long. On the Mac side the license now resides...where...? If I remember correctly it was somewhere in the library? Somewhere like that? But I need to update the license number for the 9.5 beta. Newtek, if yer reading this, send along a readme with the releases including this sort of information as a reminder since, unlike the windows side, there's no automated license generator (or automated installer for that matter). That would be super-duper-swell.

Thanks!:help: :help:

Try Help->Enter License in the in-window menus, or Help->Enter Unlock Code in the Mac menubar...

Giacomo99
04-02-2008, 09:11 AM
The "license.key" file goes in the SharedSupport folder in the Lightwave application folder.

Scazzino
04-02-2008, 09:50 AM
It can, but it first looks in the user's prefs folder...

Use Help->Enter License in the in-window menus, or Help->Enter Unlock Code in the Mac menubar... and it'll tell you where it's writing it in the prefs folder...

;)

Keda
05-15-2008, 12:13 PM
I've entered my lic key in the menu, pasted it in Shared Resources, and tried manually placing it in prefs..no luck. Any work arounds to get out of discovery mode??

Giacomo99
05-15-2008, 12:29 PM
I've entered my lic key in the menu, pasted it in Shared Resources, and tried manually placing it in prefs..no luck. Any work arounds to get out of discovery mode??

Did you try putting it in Shared Support, in the Lightwave application folder? That's where mine is and it works fine.

Failing that, you might want to try NewTek's phone support. The key I created for some reason didn't work either, but the nice people at NewTek e-mailed me a key that, for some reason, did work. Why that should be the case I don't know...the present build of Leopard seems to have some pretty annoying issues with permissions.

Keda
05-15-2008, 12:48 PM
Yes, I meant to type Shared Support, not Shared Resources.