PDA

View Full Version : NewTek Discussion forums will be offline Wednesday for scheduled maintenance

Paul Lara
03-25-2008, 03:22 PM
In an effort to introduce fresh air and sunshine to a large number of producers and animators, NewTek will be briefly taking the Community Forums offline Wednesday.

Here’s a few extra hours in your day to install the LightWave Open Beta or catch up on some pre-production, while NewTek improves the forums, making this a friendlier, lower-calorie community*. The forums will go dark Wednesday afternoon and should be back online several hours later.

Thank you for your patience,

NewTek

*do you know how many calories are in one serving of forum spam?

hrgiger
03-25-2008, 03:31 PM
I hope whatever you're doing to combat spam is effective. Good to see you're doing something about it.

geothefaust
03-25-2008, 03:33 PM
Cool. Hopefully it'll break my addiction of checking the forums so much. :D

pumeco
03-25-2008, 03:40 PM
Funny thing is, I've watched how fast those spam threads get views - it's quicker than LightWave posts. I won't mention any names, but a lot of the guys here definately go for a peep - I've seen 'em listed at the bottom of the thread.

They know who they are - perv's :D

Anyway, I hope this move won't lower the sexual tension people have towards me, but I agree it has to be done.

manholoz
03-25-2008, 03:41 PM
Nice! Best on luck on the ummm whatever you'll do while it's offline.

UnCommonGrafx
03-25-2008, 03:42 PM
hahahaha, that made me BUST out laughing!!!

Everyone that thinks his name is at the bottom of EACH of them he checked, raise your other hand.

Edit: And great to see the maintenance: tells me that I can work the whole day on my ...cough cough... real job. ;)

Steamthrower
03-25-2008, 03:44 PM
Mine would be on a few that I reported, but I gave up reporting a few months ago. Figured that someone else will always report them, and didn't want that crap in my browser history at all. So...raise your other hands! :D

pumeco
03-25-2008, 03:50 PM
Exactly how many hands do you guys have free when you're found in such threads, eh?
I'd have thought one hand on mouse, other hand busy :hey:

archijam
03-25-2008, 04:08 PM
Pumeco, I wish you hadn't said that.

Your avatar suddenly took on a whole new meaning for me...

Ayyye.

Matt
03-25-2008, 04:08 PM
Oh no! I'll actually have to do some work on Wednesday then!

Still, if it kills 50% of the spam I'll be happy, I'm getting carpal tunnel syndrome!

:D

pumeco
03-25-2008, 04:13 PM
archijam ... control yourself ... BEAST!!!

Hopper
03-25-2008, 05:27 PM
Well .. when it gets later on in the evening, I like to log in and report a few with some choice nasty grams for fun. My favorite from yesterday's "Budding young girls like Roses" post...

Roses are red.
Violets are blue.
Go away douche bag.

It's not only ineffective, it's also ineffective! It is however a mini-stress reliever.

geothefaust
03-26-2008, 08:25 AM
I usually go to the threads, if they are still fresh, to report them. :angel:

Costanel
03-27-2008, 03:55 AM
I don't know what has been fixed, but why isn't the bug with downloaded attachments fixed?
Renaming it from attachment.php to the proper name is getting annoying, and the LW-forum is the only forum I know which had that problem(and I know a lot of forums btw)

meshpig
03-27-2008, 05:19 AM
It's true, the Hoff really is a truly pious dude...

I saw him one night in one of Sydney's elevated nightclubs (with harbor views). He was so stiff you could have mistaken him for a wall and no one paid him much attention, the poor bastard.

-No bimbos, just a tall guy in a bad suit drinking light beer.

m

Phil
03-27-2008, 06:30 AM
Quick reply also seems to be busted. The reply isn't shown.

Mitja
03-27-2008, 06:54 AM
I don't know if it's just my problem, but I can't see most of smilies: not all but most of them. It's quite strange. Both on home PC and at work (IE).

Steamthrower
03-27-2008, 07:08 AM
Double post.

Steamthrower
03-27-2008, 07:09 AM
Quick reply is broken for me as well.

:spam::cursin::lwicon::newtek::devil::vticon::grum py:

And it looks like some of the emoticons are gone as well.

That's fine with me, though. I'm never a big fan of them.

Iain
03-27-2008, 07:10 AM
I won't mention any names, but a lot of the guys here definately go for a peep - I've seen 'em listed at the bottom of the thread.

Don't you have to be in the thread to see who else is in it?

Dirty boy-maybe you should change your avatar from Hoff to Heff?

Steamthrower
03-27-2008, 07:20 AM
Search is broken as well. Anyone know when that "Pixelmator" thread was posted? I want to see folk's opinions on it. Hmm.

Phil
03-27-2008, 07:24 AM
Quick reply is working here. This was Quick'd.

You mean that you immediately see the reply after you press 'quick reply'. For me, I have to reload the page. Firefox 2.something (Win32) and FF 3.0 beta 4 (Mac), as well as Safari 3.1 (Mac) all show the same problem.

Phil
03-27-2008, 07:25 AM
Edit is also broken :D Add a question mark in my last post.

pumeco
03-27-2008, 04:35 PM
Don't you have to be in the thread to see who else is in it?

Dirty boy-maybe you should change your avatar from Hoff to Heff?
Yeah, you're just peeved 'cause I caught you in there.
More than once as well :tsktsk:

Lew
03-28-2008, 08:36 AM
Don't you guys have spam blockers? What am I missing?

BeeVee
03-28-2008, 09:11 AM
There were already a whole rafter of anti-spam measures in the version of vbulletin we had installed, the current version adds more (that will no doubt be overcome in time by the spammers).

B

zapper1998
03-28-2008, 09:20 AM
Funny thing is, I've watched how fast those spam threads get views - it's quicker than LightWave posts. I won't mention any names, but a lot of the guys here definately go for a peep - I've seen 'em listed at the bottom of the thread.

They know who they are - perv's :D

Anyway, I hope this move won't lower the sexual tension people have towards me, but I agree it has to be done.

Hey, I just go, view thread to REPORT it
You have to see thread to clicky on the little Triangle thingy.....

pumeco
03-28-2008, 03:27 PM
Hey, I just go, view thread to REPORT it
Hey, I wasn't born yesterday :hey:

Brunson
07-21-2008, 11:33 AM
It's been four months. Can't we delete this sticky now?