PDA

View Full Version : ArchViz Tutorials or Training?

joeldberry
03-25-2008, 12:39 PM
My company is getting into ArchViz projects, particularly, placing retailer and/or restaurant buildings on greenfield and pad sites for prospective clients.

I have never done any "professional-grade" (i.e., looks nice, semi-realistic) modeling and rendering before, but I have seen a lot of awesome ArchViz renders from Lightwave on this forum and other sites...

My question is:

Are there any good tutorial sites, or training DVDs/videos on getting started using Lightwave for ArchViz?

Or does anyone have any tips they'd like to share?

Thanks for your help and guidance,

jdb

geothefaust
03-26-2008, 07:14 PM
Hey there.

simplylightwave.com has a great DVD tutorial for ArchVis modeling/rendering. That's all I can think of right now. More info when/if I remember. :)

inkpen3d
03-27-2008, 04:00 PM
There's a few here
http://members.shaw.ca/lightwavetutorials/everyday_objects.htm#Architecture

joeldberry
03-27-2008, 04:46 PM
Cool... thanks everyone... I'll check them out.

tygryss
03-29-2008, 05:08 PM
some main advices....
if u have some architecture enginer. they can do the model from the plane, on autocad3d, or graphisoft Archicad (we prefer that).... send the object into lightwave... cleanup on lightwave modeler... shadeing, set up the scene... and render... (for exterior)
u can use lwcad 2.5 for modelling too... (maybe this is the best way)
for interior some tipps... there are evermotion model packs for furniture, lamps... etc, it can be good...
I recommed to use lw9.5beta, the new light system, and GI is great....

some additional tips... maybe it is a good idea to use VUE6.5 xstream for enviroment, but the renders will be much slower, u need a stronger renderfarm for that...

HDRI photographi for the basic lightning is also good idea, u have to buy a chrome spheare, and make a light Probe image... or use vue xstream with the new lw panoramic camera (look on the flay) tak a panorama shot, on HDR very high res, and put on the backdrop/texture enviroment...

if u have more questions, what how, I sended a private message some days ago, u can contact me directly, I will explain what u want... :D

inkpen3d
03-30-2008, 06:51 AM
some additional tips... maybe it is a good idea to use VUE6.5 xstream for enviroment, but the renders will be much slower, u need a stronger renderfarm for that...

My preference would be to use HD Instance with, for example, xfrog trees & plants. You can then also use HD Instance for other objects that require multiple copies like cars, grass, crowds of people, seating in auditoriums, etc. The advantage of HD Instance is that it saves the memory requirements for a scene rapidly going through the roof and the render times are fast.

tygryss
03-30-2008, 10:28 AM
HD instance is also a great plugin, but not against the Vue... maybe combinating is a better way, but you have to develop youre workflow.... Vue is also great on sky, atmospheric effects, easy to create terrains.... and work better on eco systems, if u want just some kinde of vegetation populate on HD instance is good, it is very good render millions similar objects... Vue give you the variotons of the objects... so you have to find out what is youre style, use HD Instance, or Vue, or both...
we are waiting the questions :D