PDA

View Full Version : LiveMatte "PREVIEW Buttons" How To Guide?

CreatvGnius
03-25-2008, 12:54 PM
Where can one find a clear, step-by-step guide to the use of the new PREVIEW buttons which now reside in the INPUT SETUP > LIVEMATTE pane of TriCaster STUDIO™ and TriCaster PRO FX™?

If none exists, we suspect that a pertinent addendum to the LiveSet section of the manual and/or the FAQ detailing the effective Use of LiveMatte™ PREVIEW Buttons would be a huge benefit to individuals setting up a successful key for 3D virtual sets.
-PeterG

UnCommonGrafx
03-25-2008, 02:56 PM
A pick-upon moment...

Who are the We's you speak of?

;)

I have to say, though Peter, that it was pretty easy to start picking up how to do what when.
Honestly, I thought you had written something for the community to make use of.

Maybe a better help would be to share what you know and encourage others to contribute. Waiting for another iteration of the docs for this purpose won't serve you well. Plus, a better use of the forum: updates NOW, by us.

CreatvGnius
03-25-2008, 03:47 PM
A pick-upon moment...

Who are the We's you speak of?
;)
Oh. That's expressive of our now celebrating 2 years of marriage. :D

[quote=uncommongrafx] I have to say, though Peter, that it was pretty easy to start picking up how to do what when.

I'm assuming you're speaking of the use of the PREVIEW BUTTONS in the LiveMatte panel.

Honestly, I thought you had written something for the community to make use of, [while encouraging others to contribute]...

In the thread:
NewTek Discussions > TriCaster > TriCaster - General Support > Need Help w/Green Screen, I've contributed to the general subject of pulling an effective key in TriCaster.

But the absence of my detailing the use of those new PREVIEW buttons within the INPUT SETUP > LIVEMATTE pane is due to my not yet being accustomed to employing them.

At present,
1. dialing down all the knobs in the LIVEMATTE panel, then
2. progressing through all the dials, consecutively,

...works wonders for us at least, provided our lighting of the green screen and of the subject are adequate (and the subject is positioned at least 5 to 7 feet away from said screen). :hey:

Because of your exhortative post here, you can be certain that should I begin using those buttons, and with skillful aplomb, I will post a tutorial in the LiveSet forum.

Meanwhile, I thought I'd make the request for an update of docs, while it was hot on my mind.

Now I just thought of the value of posting yet another, related "Feature Request"...:D

Waiting for another iteration of the docs for this purpose won't serve [any of us] well. [Hence, a more effective use of this forum might be Documentation Updates NOW, provided by ourselves. [edits mine, p.g.]

No disagreement there. However, posting this matter as a "Feature Request" became a pressing matter for me at least, after having recently revisited the Need Help w/Green Screen thread here:
http://www.newtek.com/forums/showthread.php?p=676701#post676701
Note: Beware of my technical foul in post #11, which was corrected by our pal Steve, in post #12.
-PeterG

SBowie
03-25-2008, 04:04 PM
I think all Preview does is give you a glimpse of the matte itself when enabled. This which can be somewhat useful at times, as when (for example) it might reveal that your settings may be leaving a bit of a green caste over the keyed area without realizing it, or that you have created unnoticed holes in the main subject.

CreatvGnius
03-25-2008, 05:07 PM
I think all Preview does is give you a glimpse of the matte itself when enabled.
:agree:
Notwithstanding, I meant to convey the idea that endusers new to the concept of keying, might apprehend a greater benefit if there might be made available, (more) detailed documentation on how to use all 4 Preview Buttons in the LiveMatte panel, especially since at least a few were newly introduced in December 2007 update to TriCaster STUDIO. :)

LiveMatte Preview
COLOR Preview
EDGE Preview
SPILL Preview

-PeterG