PDA

View Full Version : Lightwave and DFX installation

badllarma
07-18-2003, 12:14 PM
Right here we go I've just installed the DFX program but with it I got another copy of Lightwave BUT with a different serial to my orginal Duo upgraded version of Lightwave.

Now DFX say it does not recodnise the lightwave serial (I've left the orginal version in) do I have to uninstall Lightwave then reinstall the new version for DFX to work?????

Is DFX tied to my Lightwave dongle (there was none in the DFX box)?

Also I've a serial for DFX in the cover of the manual but was not asked for it on installation??

any ideas ?
so colose and yet so far DOH

andy

CoryC
07-18-2003, 03:45 PM
There should be a DFX+ dongle in the box. Mine was up under the flap at the front of the box if I remember right.

You should need the serial number to run the program and you do have to register the program with Eyeon at startup.

badllarma
07-18-2003, 10:34 PM
cheers CoryC

been in touch with Eyon they say i have to send them the info that comes up with the error and the CD key in the manual and it is then set up to my lightwave dongle.

Oh well nearly there once again thanks

BTW no Dongle with mine it even says on the delivery note none has been sent. I suppose it ties in with my Lightwaves USB one.

js33
07-19-2003, 03:38 PM
That's strange. I just got my DFX the other day and mine came with a dongle. I haven't had time to install it yet.

Cheers,
JS

kirk
07-19-2003, 04:00 PM
I ordered mine on the first, it came with no dongle (tied to LW's dongle). That was, according to eyeon, the cut-off. Units shipped prior came with dongles, those shipped after came without.

Obviously, getting the dongle is best, a very nice bonus for those that were initially cought up in the confusion as eyeon finished implementing the LW dongle. But having it tied to LW isn't too bad, as that's the machine I would use DFX on anyway.

Bytehawk
07-19-2003, 05:42 PM
what we need need now is some good tutorials to show how to embrace the dfx-lw combination

like : import psd with diffuse/specular/reflection tweaking.