PDA

View Full Version : Merging Polys/Objects

dankayaker
03-24-2008, 08:05 AM
I have a borderline stupid beginners question.
I have a simple model consisting of a repeating logo on all sides of a cube. All I want to do is be able to make it one object so when I take it into layout I won't have to do alot of parenting.

thanks

JeffrySG
03-24-2008, 08:12 AM
As long as all the parts are on one layer it will be one item in layout.

dankayaker
03-24-2008, 08:27 AM
As long as all the parts are on one layer it will be one item in layout.

Thanks,
But that makes it a little difficult when importing things. Is there a way to merge multiple payers to act as one object ?

dankayaker
03-24-2008, 09:05 AM
It looks like in Layout under the Items tab I can select all the layers and make them a set . . . . then they all move as one object. Anyone know if there is a better way ?

Steamthrower
03-24-2008, 11:37 AM
I'm afraid I don't understand how you have your object set up. Is it a cube, i.e., an actual primitive you made, or is it 6 seperate polygons arranged to look like a cube, on separate layers? If so, what's your reason for modeling it like that? To animate?

SplineGod
03-24-2008, 12:13 PM
You can use the flatten layer tool in modeler or multiselect all your layers and then cut/paste everything into one layer.

dankayaker
03-25-2008, 06:55 AM
I'm afraid I don't understand how you have your object set up. Is it a cube, i.e., an actual primitive you made, or is it 6 seperate polygons arranged to look like a cube, on separate layers? If so, what's your reason for modeling it like that? To animate?

It's just a simple cube (one object primitive) . .then I position logos on all sides. Each logo is on a separte layer.

dankayaker
03-25-2008, 06:55 AM
You can use the flatten layer tool in modeler or multiselect all your layers and then cut/paste everything into one layer.

Very Cool . .thanks !