PDA

View Full Version : Freedom Movie

calilifestyle
03-23-2008, 07:22 PM
So i'm not sure if anyone has brought this up. So i was watching the movie Freedom and at the end of the credits i see that pic i posted. I mean what up with that. Mean while the movie like "Tekkon Kinkreet" are talking about how they did it with xsi, how come Newtek is not the same about freedom. worst thing is the dvd has no behind the scenes. i would love to see some Lightwave while the guys at the studio talk about the film.
Maybe they cant talk about it since it may not be done. well at lest for me, i can only get movie 1 and 2.
I really like the movie even before i saw newtek run across my tv.

JeffrySG
03-23-2008, 09:14 PM
Can you post a link to the movie on IMBD? There are a lot of movies called "Freedom".

calilifestyle
03-24-2008, 12:26 AM
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0928385/

cresshead
03-24-2008, 12:54 PM
actually freedom project dvd/hdvd hybrid disc has the whole episode in open gl mini window as well as the actual program in the HDdvd extras on disc as well as storyboards etc....lots of lightwave on display on that disc....you just have to run it on HDdvd and not your basic dvd version

Jim_C
03-24-2008, 01:37 PM
.you just have to run it on HDdvd and not your basic dvd version

I noticed the HD version is HD DVD so even tho it is the 'loser' you can pick up a HD DVD deck for 80-100 bucks.(maybe less now)
They work just fine as a regular dvd player and especially well as an uprezzer for SD DVDs on HDTVs or LCD monitors.

jlyon
03-24-2008, 03:30 PM
Yeah since it's a rad movie, i hope they release more. Maybe when the whole series is out, they'll put in those special features for the rest of us losers (that is, those of us without HD or Bluray players).

calilifestyle
03-24-2008, 04:33 PM
well i don't get it. i mean the project Freedom1 and 2 dvd are both 30mins long its not like they don't have room for anything on the dvd. I just hope NT will publish some kind of info on the film.

calilifestyle
03-24-2008, 07:07 PM
ohhh ok i see what you mean. the dvd i have also has hd dvd on it. thats bits, what lame thing to do.

LW_Will
03-24-2008, 11:05 PM
The series is called "Freedom"" but is referred to as "The Freedom Project" in the website, www.freedom-project.jp.

The series has character and mecha designs by Katsuhiro Otomo; designer, artist, and story man of AKIRA fame.

The series director is Shuhei Morita creator of the short (Lightwave3D) called Kakurenbo. (Very good, highly recomended)

The entire show is in 3D... using LIGHTWAVE3D. I've shown this to Animators and 3D people... and I saw it before I knew this... but the whole show uses Lightwave for animating the people. It is truly an amazing thing.

The series is released in Japan as a advertisement for Nissin Cup Noodle Soup. They are released in Japan along with commercials promoting the Cup Noodle... and of course you've seen the Noodles in the show... one per episode.

At $40/30min episode, I'll get it via other means...

cresshead
03-25-2008, 08:07 AM
ohhh ok i see what you mean. the dvd i have also has hd dvd on it. thats bits, what lame thing to do.

i wouldn't call it 'lame' it's actually a great idea and if other studios had done the same HDdvd may have took off and flattened blueray with the dualformat dvd/hdvd discs....you buy 1 disc and it can play on dvd deck or HDVD decks:thumbsup:

still...we now have to live with blue ray and the players that have yet to come down to a reasonable price point.

pumeco
03-25-2008, 08:47 AM
I'm in shock that Blu-ray won the format war (and actually, it probably hasn't).

Let's face it, every time it's Sony that needs to be different, and everytime it's Sony's format that loses. I blame the PlayStation 3 for all this. If it weren't for that thing getting into so many homes so early on in the format war, you can bet HD-DVD would have been the winner. Even the name 'HD-DVD' is a more logical progression from DVD than Blu-ray.

One of the reasons I bought my new laptop (grudgedly) was because it has a Blu-ray DL-RW on it. If I'd gone for one with HD-DVD I could have got one for half the price. The thought is quite sickening, and even more so when you consider that Blu-ray may only 'think' it's won the format war.

All it needs is for some major component manufacturer to announge the'ye going to produce HD-DVD lasers and Blu-ray would be as f*cked as every other format Sony has put forward. I really do think that could (and probably will) still happen. I hope for my sake that it doesn't though, or my laptop get's an early sale.

Back on topic regarding the movie, I think I'll wait untill they put more episodes onto one disc, and even then, only when the format war is 'truly' over.

calilifestyle
03-25-2008, 04:45 PM
sorry i ment that it was lame that they only had the features on the hd-dvd part of the dvd. i have no problem with having both version on one dvd. i mean thats how dvds where when they had both widescreen and fullscreen on the same dvd.

cresshead
03-25-2008, 04:54 PM
ahh i see what you mean now...yeah..and the HDdvd also has a live link to the internet...that 'sorta works'...would think that they could actuall put the content ''on the disc'' rather than connect to the net...just another gimmick really eh?....but has the opportinity to extend the content after the release of the dvd...shame they didn't do the same to the dvd version content as well as the Hd content.