PDA

View Full Version : Greetings, new and curious

touchdown
03-23-2008, 11:25 AM
Greetings all.

I'm new to LW and the 3D world. I've been working with Flash and AS (formerly Moho) for years.

This site is huge, and I'm still learning where to find things. So, I'll post it and hopefully you can point me in the proper direction:

Q: I need guidance/tutorial on importing video footage (avi/mpg) of live-action on which to composite some LW elements.

That's about it. In my 2D experience I can import stills and motion clips to work over and around. I AM that new to LW to be asking this.

Cheers, and nice work in the gallery.

jim

Nicolas Jordan
03-23-2008, 12:09 PM
Welcome! To import a video file go to the image editor and load the file. Then go to Windows>Compositing Options or hit ctrl F7 hotkey. Set the background image to the file you imported. Hit D for Display Options and set Camera View Background to Background Image under the Camera View tab at the bottom.

If you are importign a sequence fo stills into Lightwave you have to change the dropdown for Image Type in the Image Editor to Sequence.

touchdown
03-23-2008, 12:42 PM
Nicolas, thanks for the quick getback.

That worked nicely.

I just need to read more and discover how to preview wireframes over my imported video to start getting a feel for it.

I'm still early on in the "essentials" book.

Thanks again.

robk
03-23-2008, 04:09 PM
As Nicolas says

Hit D for Display Options and set Camera View Background to Background Image under the Camera View tab at the bottom
In the attached image you can see where you choose the backdrop image for your camaera view. This can be image sequence. You can see I have a wireframe object showing over the backdrop image.