PDA

View Full Version : Retaining light and camera positions when rendering.

hsc
03-22-2008, 10:09 PM
I am trying to perform what I think should be a fundamental activity in Layout, but have been unsuccessful and don’t understand why. The situation is this: a simple object is loaded into Layout and a surface color and texture are defined for it. The default light and the default camera (perspective) are moved to new locations. When an F9 render is done from Camera View the image is rendered as though the light and camera were never moved. How do I prevent these items from returning to their initial locations for the render? Any help for this novice learning LW v9.3.1 would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

RudySchneider
03-22-2008, 10:51 PM
Remember, in Layout, you're dealing with a possible animation. So, if you want the camera -- or light(s), objects, nulls, et cetera --- to stay where you move it, you must "key" it (them) in place. You can use the auto-key function, or the quick-n-dirty Enter key, which allows you to key anything and everything.

Of course, there's always the Manual...

hsc
03-23-2008, 02:43 PM
Thanks, Rudy, especially for the “lights on” remark, “Remember, in Layout, you're dealing with a possible animation”, which when I read it thought, “well, the solution must involve the keyframe” as you went further to describe. Again, thanks for the instruction.

RudySchneider
03-23-2008, 07:00 PM
Hey, just glad to be able to help. Besides, I'm guessin' most of the talented forum members are busy checking out the 9.5 Open Beta.