PDA

View Full Version : Editor Crashing

Ray Van Sickler
02-22-2003, 11:33 AM
I have been using VT2 with no problems for about a month. The project I am now working on to this point is 16 minutes long and has started crashing when I start to add clips, bring up a file or on other actions. I am running 2000 on my Pent4,2,5 Intel processor, 1 Gig ram, 80MB out of 150 MB remaining on the vid drive Seagate Barracuda array. First time this has happened....any advice as to what the problem might be???? I have installed all but the latest upgrade.
Thanks
Ray Van Sickler

ted
02-22-2003, 01:26 PM
Ray, isn't the Barracuda only 7200rpm? I think the recommended Minimum is 10,000rpm as in the Cheeta.
I don't know this would be the cause, but it's something to consider.

Ray Van Sickler
02-23-2003, 02:12 AM
Very sorry...had the wrong animal in mind....yes my array is 4 Cheetas, my main Vid drive designated "M". ....the trouble seems to happen just recently when I try to add anything more that has been recorded to Drive M to the project under construction. When I add from one of my other arrays, no crashing. Do you think this may be a virtual memory problem on the drives. I am going to increase the assigned memory and see if the problem is solved that way. Thanks for the response...keep you advised.
Ray Van Sickler