PDA

View Full Version : AVI & CO to JPG : how?

Mitja
03-22-2008, 09:37 AM
Hey guys!
After serching on google I said to myself: Wait, why I don't just ask in the LW forum?
So, here I am: what program do you use? What do you recommend me?
(a prog that's possibly free...)
Thanx all!

jdsax
03-22-2008, 12:08 PM
Irfanview will extract all images from an AVI file, I believe it extracts them as BMPs but it can also batch convert files to other formats including JPG. It's free. One of my favorite programs.
Irfanview.com

Mitja
03-22-2008, 01:02 PM
Thanks, I didn't know about this possibility in infranview!
Anyway I tryed to convert all frames but it failed either with a Xvid video ( first I thought it was a matter of codec) and then with a clip from my photocamera. So I just uninstalled!
Is there a dedicated program that saves all frames as images? Surely it is...

DuneBoy
03-22-2008, 01:24 PM
You could try Bink from RAD Game Tools (http://www.radgametools.com). Select the file, click Convert a file, then change the Output type.

BeeVee
03-24-2008, 01:18 PM
You can just use LightWave if you like. Just put the AVI as camera backdrop and render out still images. You can check the size of the AVI to make sure you get the same size stills, or use whatever size you like.

B

Mitja
03-25-2008, 02:18 PM
...the simplest thing is always the right thing to do! Wonder why I didn't think to do as you said!
Thanks, all!
Lw doesn't support divx & co, though.

JamesCurtis
03-25-2008, 03:57 PM
Actually you can use Divx as far as I know - its a variant of AVI I believe.

Mitja
03-26-2008, 03:55 AM
Actually you can use Divx as far as I know - its a variant of AVI I believe.

Actually I tryed and ...guess what? Unable to load or file not found or something. I'm sure there's a way to load divx in LW, but I don't know how.
Anyway,Divx is the name of the compression codec, avi is the "name" of the encapsulation of the video ( or something like this...)

Have you tryed to load a DIVX?