PDA

View Full Version : I Cant See My Text!!!

beanieman
07-17-2003, 08:02 PM
for some odd reason the text in layout and modler have turn to the color yellow. more specifically, any text that is able to be changed by the user is yellow and i dont know why. the only way i can see the text is by highlighting it and its very annoying. is there a reason behind this and if sow how do i fix it?:confused:

jman66
07-18-2003, 03:14 AM
What OS/lightwave version are you running, and do you have any language packs installed.

I had similar problem when I installed Japanese Text support on a win98 machine, and it caused the text to be the same color as the background of the selector, so you could only see the values by highlighting... fixed it by uninstalling the language pack

hope that helps.

beanieman
07-18-2003, 02:03 PM
jman66, i am running lightwave 5.6 on windowsXP with service pack one. i am looking under add-remove programs and i dont see a language pack in here. maybe i am looking in the wrong place. i do have a lot of JAVA stuff installed such as the runtime environment and other things that go with that. i might try unistalling that and see if it helps. thanks for your reply; it is greatly appreciated!

meshmaster
07-18-2003, 02:18 PM
it's called Regional and Language Support - I think

beanieman
07-18-2003, 02:39 PM
yup thats where it was. thanks for the help. if im looking at the right stuff i dont have any other languages installed on my comp.

jman66
07-18-2003, 02:49 PM
hmm, then perhaps that is not the root of your problem... tho the symptoms sounded similar to what i experienced.

Has it always acted this way? or is it something that you noticed just recently?

beanieman
07-18-2003, 02:54 PM
This is a recent thing. Its never done anything like this. i even thought it might have been my video card drivers so i used an older version that i knew were stable but that didnt help. its got to be something ive installed but there are just too many programs to go through and i cant exactly remember when this started either so that doesnt help any.

jman66
07-18-2003, 03:03 PM
Hmm, well sorry i cant be of more help, but at least you can narrow down the problem to something that was changed recently....

tho maybe the only way to figure it out is either try a re-install of lightwave, or begin the task of sifting thru everything...

beanieman
07-18-2003, 03:08 PM
lol. yippee that sounds like fun. thank you for your help though. maybe i can fix this eventually.