PDA

View Full Version : Textures not changing

X18
03-21-2008, 03:12 PM
I've worked on several models now and every one of them has had a spot that
won't texture and lights don't seem to effect them. It won't name and stays the basic colour. I'll give an example in this crate. On the right hand side in the middle support you can see two lines at the top and the bottom that won't change. I created a rectangle and then used the knife tool to cut it on an angle and deleted the points I didn't need. I then named and changed the colour after I made the cuts, being sure to select everything attached to them. Every model I've built has had something like this in it. Thinking about it there are a couple of other ways to have built the same piece by just moving points or rotating vs using the knife tool, but I don't think this should happen anyway. I'm fairly new to the 3d world and I'm just not sure.
Thanks, any help would be greatly appreciated.

X18

donny
03-21-2008, 03:56 PM
You could try opening the Polygon Statistics tool and try selecting polygons by surface name. If its staying the default color it may be selectable by choosing default so you can delete or assign it to another surface.

X18
03-21-2008, 04:49 PM
Worth a shot, I'll try that.
Thanks

X18
03-21-2008, 10:03 PM
Unfortunately, that didn't work.

donny
03-25-2008, 12:36 PM
Does the same thing happen if you load in just the object and can you send me a copy of it to take a look at?