PDA

View Full Version : key character

chco2
03-21-2008, 11:05 AM
Hi all!

Dunno if this is the place to ask this, but don't really know where else to pop the question.

Hope someone can help me out here.
Want to create a character from a key (ordinary key).
Got an image attached as a reference. The character need to be based on the image and recognizable as such. It's mainly for facial movements, I should be able to bring in morphs and bones myself to animate. It's for a project I'm working on and I keep getting dum and idiotic results :S
Somebody wanting to do this ? Not sure if I can give something in return, but I'll look into that.

Hope someone find this challenging..
ow.. it's not for commerical purposes.
Thanks.
Charly

3dbab5
03-27-2008, 11:57 AM
I'm still new to character design so definitely take this with a grain of salt, but here's my 2 cents worth. Do you want the entire character to be the key, or is the key going to only be the face? If the former, you can just pop some toony arms & legs on it. Then, maybe put the eyes in the top part & use the bevel (right below "patent") as a mouth. If the latter, I would again put the eyes in the top, and use the bottom half as a long nose. Of course, if you want your character to be a cyclops, you could just use the lettering at the top for an eye. Hopefully, this helps.

Phil
03-27-2008, 12:11 PM
I'd simply suggest to post your work in the WIP forum here. You'll learn from the feedback and improve your skills. No point getting others to do the legwork, especially for no reward.