PDA

View Full Version : hi all

mickcoss
03-21-2008, 08:23 AM
hi all
this is my frist time to post here,

i am very new to a lot,i am a mature student in Ireland, studing graphic design.
I have a project, we are to learn Lightwave 3d, just the very basic, the project is to creat a 3d text image, in modeler, and make it spin 360 degrees in layout, recored it, and play it on quicktime, so we can show in on a screen, and explan how we did it, and what we have learned,
if anyone can help me i would be very greaful, as i am begging at the start of lighwave.

i have created my text in modeler, coloured it, and load it in layout, but now am stuck, what do i do to get the camera to go around my text?

thanks

Mick

jasond
03-21-2008, 08:37 AM
I suggest you just spin the text.

RollerJesus
03-21-2008, 08:39 AM
If you need to make the text spin, just drag the slider to frame 60, hit the 'y' key to activate rotate mode. then hit the 'n' key to bring up the numeric panel and put 360 in the H (heading text field).

Test by hitting play, render using F10. You can save as a quicktime time movie under Render Globals, Output, animations.

Hope this gets you on your feet.

`Patrick

jasond
03-21-2008, 08:43 AM
I typed the same instructions RollerJesus did, but managed to bungle the post and couldn't edit in time. Sorry for the curt reply, wasn't intentional. His directions are good.

R.Feeney
03-21-2008, 08:48 AM
If you dont mind me asking. What school is teaching Lightwave in Ireland, just curious being from Ireland myself.

mickcoss
03-21-2008, 09:02 AM
If you need to make the text spin, just drag the slider to frame 60, hit the 'y' key to activate rotate mode. then hit the 'n' key to bring up the numeric panel and put 360 in the H (heading text field).

Test by hitting play, render using F10. You can save as a quicktime time movie under Render Globals, Output, animations.

Hope this gets you on your feet.

`Patrick

thank you for getting back so quick Rollerjesus ha great name,
i'l have a go and get back to you.
cheers :thumbsup:

mickcoss
03-21-2008, 09:05 AM
I typed the same instructions RollerJesus did, but managed to bungle the post and couldn't edit in time. Sorry for the curt reply, wasn't intentional. His directions are good.

thanks jasond

ya i frist seen your reply ha, short and sweet, no worries, i want to be able to do both, spin text frist and then the text to stay and the camera to go around the text.

Thanks

mickcoss
03-21-2008, 09:06 AM
If you dont mind me asking. What school is teaching Lightwave in Ireland, just curious being from Ireland myself.

LYIT

letterkenny.

Sarford
03-21-2008, 09:23 AM
If you want to easely animate the camera around the text, add a null in the center of your text, parent the camera to the null (make sure the 'parent in place' button is on otherwise your camera snapps to the null). Then rotate your null and you're done :)

mickcoss
03-21-2008, 10:30 AM
If you want to easely animate the camera around the text, add a null in the center of your text, parent the camera to the null (make sure the 'parent in place' button is on otherwise your camera snapps to the null). Then rotate your null and you're done :)

thank you sarford,

everyone is great in helping me,and believe me i need all the help i can get right now,

:)