PDA

View Full Version : Twilight Princess 3DS Objects

Chrysolithos
03-20-2008, 10:50 PM
Suposedly extracted from the Gamecube version of The Legend of Zelda:Twilight Princess.

They've been available for some time. Images & UV maps seem to be included, and somebody mentioned switching the transparency maps from normal to alpha.

I'm trying to figure out how to make the eyes work correctly. Is it an animated transparency map? Anybody mess around with any of these .3ds files yet?

I'm using 8.5 which loads the .3ds well enough, but the eyes... (so scary)

Chrysolithos
03-25-2008, 10:05 PM
I can get a view of the eyes by shrinking the eyelid polys out of the way like so.

http://www.chrysolithos.com/files/linkeyes.jpg

But it looks lame. How do I make an keyframeable eyelid motion using texture/alpha maps?

Chrysolithos
03-26-2008, 07:56 PM
Turns out it IS an animated Tranparency/texture map that opens and closes the eyes. So does anybody know how I do that in Lightwave 8.5? Is it plugin time? In the object folder there are 5 .tga files of the eyelid from fully open to closed. How do I keyframe different texture/alpha files?

Nicolas Jordan
03-27-2008, 02:04 PM
Try adding each as a layer in the texture editor and animate the opacity on each map revealing the next layer one at a time. Not totally sure if this will work without actually being able to try it.

kasigawa
03-27-2008, 03:28 PM
I already have the models, i just need the textures.
Dose anyone know where i can get them?

Chrysolithos
03-27-2008, 04:28 PM
I already have the models, i just need the textures.
Dose anyone know where i can get them?

google Twilight princess 3d objects and
go to first item to dl 3 .rars filled with Twilight Princess Goodness.

Textures are found in same folder as the .3ds object as a .tga
file. Good luck.