PDA

View Full Version : Editing a post

amospro
03-20-2008, 12:12 PM
Hey All, how do I edit a post? I belong to many forums but can't figure it out on this forum.

amospro
03-20-2008, 12:13 PM
OK, I see it in the bottom right corner and was able to edit this post. However, why can I not edit my FIRST POST in a new thread in the TriCaster General forum?

Titus
03-20-2008, 12:22 PM
You have 5 or 10 minutes after the post to edit it, afterwards the message is permanent.

CreatvGnius
03-20-2008, 02:00 PM
You have 5...minutes after the post to edit it, afterwards the message is permanent.
Yep. 5 Minutes to be exact. :)
-PeterG

amospro
03-20-2008, 07:26 PM
Hmmmm, interesting. Never seen that applied before. Is that more beneficial that being able to edit your original post around here?

CreatvGnius
03-20-2008, 08:26 PM
Hmmmm, interesting. Never seen that applied before. Is that more beneficial that being able to edit your original post around here?One huge advantage someone has suggested is that this limit prevents one :screwy: from backing out of outlandish statements he/she posted earlier, while bent on giving the impression that his/her detractors are talking out of their arse. :stumped:
-PeterG

Titus
03-20-2008, 08:52 PM
One huge advantage someone has suggested is that this limit prevents one :screwy: from backing out of outlandish statements he/she posted earlier, while bent on giving the impression that his/her detractors are talking out of their arse. :stumped:
-PeterG

Being English not my first language sometimes makes me to write something I discover later to have no sense, or at least not as I thought. I end editing many of my posts.

Speedmonk42
03-24-2008, 08:09 AM
I think giving people the ability to correct things, change opinions ect... or take back a reactionary post is far more valuable in the long run.

Steamthrower
03-24-2008, 09:07 AM
Not, though, when Person A screams out something incredibly rude & offensive, Person B reacts to that, then Person A edits out their rude post and asks what in the world B is talking about. Persons C and D, who come along later, wonder what in heck is going on.

I think that the edit limit should be much longer, but only if no one has responded to your post. Once someone responds, you're locked down.

What would be better to even out strife is to create a "karma" rating option like some forums have. This would show how "nice" someone is perceived by the community as a whole...

archijam
03-24-2008, 09:22 AM
Hopefully the NT forum teaches ... restraint ? ;)