PDA

View Full Version : Foot-driven animation in Lightwave?

Dirk
03-20-2008, 06:08 AM
Just being curious: is there a way to create foot-driven animation in Lightwave on a curved path (with slopes)?

Steamthrower
03-20-2008, 06:36 AM
I'm afraid I can't help you there...but Maestro has the exact feature you need. If I don't be careful I'm going to become a Maestro fanboy, but there's a very nice walk generator that might be worth your time to check out.

Dirk
03-20-2008, 06:47 AM
Is it possible to swap the mesh of the character? So, for example, use a low poly proxy for animation and swap to high poly / subpatched mesh for rendering?

RebelHill
03-20-2008, 07:17 AM
Is it possible to swap the mesh of the character? So, for example, use a low poly proxy for animation and swap to high poly / subpatched mesh for rendering?

Of course... U dont even need to swap meshes... load and rig ur hi res mesh... add the low res version to the scene, hit bones properties for it (it wont have any bones... but still) and in the "use bones from" dropdown, select the hires object... set the hires to be hidden in layout, and ull get a super responsive rig... and come rendertime, u can just delete the proxy.