PDA

View Full Version : LScript-Getting my feet wet

Carm3D
03-19-2008, 08:12 PM
Hi,

I'm trying to rig a joystick controller gizmo, and I want to use clamp/mapRange where the second value of the range is 50% of another bone... So I'm thinking I could do what I want with LScript better than via the graph editor or Motion Expressions.

I tried the motion modifier expression but it didn't update in real time. Will an LScript move my bones in real time as I move the controller?

Can anyone give me some tips on the best way to install an lscript to control my scene in the manner I am describing? Thanks!

adamredwoods
03-19-2008, 09:58 PM
....hmm

I think you CAN update bones in realtime using either Motion modifier or Lscript expression with (off the top of my head):

effectedby(item.name);

Yes, this is the magic codeword, from what I recall.

Carm3D
03-19-2008, 10:02 PM
Thanks.. Is there a reference manual for lscript? I have the printed manuals for LW9 here but can't find a dictionary of the lscript language.

Carm3D
03-19-2008, 10:05 PM
Nevermind.. I just found it. Developer section... They like to hide it.

adamredwoods
03-19-2008, 10:12 PM
You will be playing a lot of hide and seek. Your best resource is (bookmark it):
http://www.dodgy.ghostoutpost.com/Lscript/Lscript%20Index.html

Also look to the SDK documentation for any further advanced questions, they tend to explain more there.

Hopper
03-19-2008, 10:13 PM
Side Note:

Take note of the LScript Commander in Layout. If you are not sure what a function name is or can't find it in the reference manual, open a LScript Commander window and perform the function. It will give you the equivalent method name you need to use in your LScript.

Carm3D
03-19-2008, 10:19 PM
Cool resource, thanks Adam!

Thanks Hopper.. I knew about the Commander from the Lee Stranahan vid way back. :)

Dodgy
03-19-2008, 11:48 PM
I'm moving my web page over to www.mikegreen.name, so you might want to look there from now on! The old one will be removed at some point.