PDA

View Full Version : Lux wants you

spectral fusion
03-19-2008, 04:24 PM
Lux Wants You... to help with exporter development! :)

Hi,

For Luxrender to grow it needs various exporters. To get exporters we need people with experience in writing them for a given app. If you can contribute or know someone who could, please let us know.

Exporters currently in development (but additional help is welcome) for:

* Blender
* Softimage XSI
* Autodesk Maya

We're looking for help in the following:

* Autodesk 3ds Max
* Google SketchUp
* MAXON CINEMA 4D
* Luxology modo
* NewTek LightWave 3D
* any other program that you use and can write a plugin for...

If you can help us with one of the above, we would appreciate your contribution.
If you would like to see a Lux exporter for your favorite program but can't make one yourself, please ask around in your app's community for someone willing to do it.
In either case feel free to contact me via PM.

Thanks!

RedBull
03-19-2008, 04:58 PM
Lux Wants You... to help with exporter development! :)

If you can help us with one of the above, we would appreciate your contribution. If you would like to see a Lux exporter for your favorite program but can't make one yourself, please ask around in your app's community for someone willing to do it. In either case feel free to contact me via PM.

Thanks!

It's a shame but i think unless Newtek add Python support, the amount of talented Lscripters will be few and far between these days.

NT have royally ignored their own scripting language for far too long, and it's hard to find people who want to spend time, learning an internal scripting language. Good Luck though, if i had time an Indigo and Luxrender script, would be cool, but alas it's hard to find mins free these days.

adamredwoods
03-19-2008, 09:53 PM
It's a shame but i think unless Newtek add Python support, the amount of talented Lscripters will be few and far between these days.

Everyone's going to Python these days, eh? Oh well...

But there's still the C/C++ SDK, as tedious as it is.

I think the biggest push for any external renderer will be Collada scene export in Lightwave, and if the render engine support this type of scene file.

Titus
03-21-2008, 11:01 PM
Luxrender file format is Ribesque. I can contribute with the code of my uncomplete exporter, just in case someone wants to contribute.