PDA

View Full Version : Prefs?

Paul Goodrich
03-19-2008, 03:48 PM
Hi all, I'm having weird issues with lightwave again and I'm thinking it's corrupted prefs/configs. Where are they and can I trash them and have LW create new ones? I'm also wondering if they're in different places for the UB and CFM versions? Thanks.
Paul Goodrich

JeffrySG
03-19-2008, 08:37 PM
Well there are a bunch of prefs in:
Home:Library:Preferences: then you'll see a bunch of LW prefs.
I'm not really sure what you can trash and what you can't though.

Chilton
03-19-2008, 08:52 PM
Hi Paul,

Generally speaking, I consider the art of pref deletion to solve LW problems a bit of LightWave Cargo Culting. Most likely, if you are having problems in the UB version of LightWave, zapping your prefs will not fix the problem.

That said, in case it does, please make a copy of your prefs before you zap them, or just move them to a safe location. In the UB version we've made this easy. They're all located in a folder called 'LightWave3D' in your ~/Library/Preferences/ folder.

Just zip that folder and delete it. Then, if that fixes it, send me your zipped copy.

Thanks!
-Chilton

[email protected] or [email protected]

Paul Goodrich
03-20-2008, 11:18 AM
Well,
I'm on the CFM 9.3.1 version as I'm working with Mimic right now. When I try to open the Mimic interface BOOM, the spinning beach ball of death, the color wheel of doom appears. Now of course, the odd thing is... This worked fine a week or so ago. And now it doesn't, anybody have any ideas? Thanks.
Paul Goodrich

Chilton
03-20-2008, 12:41 PM
Send me crash log. I eat crash log.

-Chilton
[email protected] chilto[email protected]

Paul Goodrich
03-29-2008, 05:09 PM
Well,I don't get a crash log, only the spinning beach ball of doom. Having said that I did the old school method and had a copy of my old (working) prefs saved in a folder and when I copied them over everything worked again.
Paul Goodrich

Chilton
03-29-2008, 05:23 PM
Ack! Any chance you have the old prefs?

-Chilton