PDA

View Full Version : Newbie Question

Goop
03-19-2008, 02:47 PM
I'm new to lightwave, and I have downloaded all the tutorials here to help me get going. last night I was trying to follow along with Mr. Vaughan in modeler with making a tennis ball. Anyway... For some reason, when I would hit control and stretch my ball graph to the desired size, the y varible is always zeroed out where I end up creating a disc instead. Now once, I hit N for numeric and duplicated the y value to the x and z, Yet most of the time, when I open the numeric window it is blank and doesn't give me the option to change the value... Why doesn't it make the ball by default, any help would be very much appreciated. Thank you...

SplineGod
03-19-2008, 04:38 PM
The tool needs to still be active when you hit the n key.

sntorres
03-20-2008, 01:58 PM
Why doesn't it make the ball by default, any help would be very much appreciated.

When you create the ball in one viewport that is only one dimension/side of the ball. To make the ball 3D you have to use more than one viewport. For ex. start the ball in the top viewport, then go to the back viewport and stretch it. That will make a 3D object.

To set the dimensions w/ the numeric tool, just make sure the tool you are using is active like SplineGod commented.

Goop
03-21-2008, 09:09 AM
While awaiting a reply, I kept watching the video over and over, re-trying the process, and noticed the window change. Thanks guys for you comments.:)