PDA

View Full Version : Question: Normal maps from Blender

Amurrell
03-19-2008, 11:55 AM
Over the last couple of days I've been messing around with Blender's sculpting tools to try and create normal maps to use in LW. The problem I'm having.... Although there are numerous tutorials out there for Blender and its tools there seems to be parts missing from the order of operations when it comes to making a normal map and exporting it particularly when you want to make a UV normal map (sometimes due to the fact that the tuts are old).

I get to the unwrapping part... cool works I have a UV map
I had a normal map once in the UV area although it was rendered output and not a UV output.
I exported a TGA of the file once, but I'll be damned if I can find it now.

The point of this whole writing... I'm a hobbyist and was wondering if there was anyone out there who knew how to make this process of making a UV normal map in Blender and export it to LW in a few easy to understand steps, or can point me in the direction of an in depth tutorial. I'm way more familiar with LW than Blender by far so I'm lost.

Thanks in advance!

Amurrell
03-19-2008, 09:45 PM
I found what I was looking for right in front of my face. Had to step away from it for a few hours before it clicked. :)