PDA

View Full Version : Possible Reason for the Delay :

pumeco
03-19-2008, 11:08 AM
http://img183.imageshack.us/img183/8786/hofftekpb0.jpg

pumeco
03-19-2008, 11:09 AM
Was this a good move for LightWave?
And don't say you never saw THAT one coming, it had to happen someday, didn't it?

pumeco
03-19-2008, 11:38 AM
Damn, I meant to post this in the 'General Discussion' forum.
Just some 'pass-the-time' fun.

Sorry :o

Steamthrower
03-19-2008, 01:44 PM
You know, you took off your avatar.

I was victorious.

pumeco
03-19-2008, 02:47 PM
That's totally untrue, I resent that.

I only let him have a rest 'cause it get's tiring being stared at all the time. And anyway, after seeing those poll results in your thread there could soon be more 'Hoff avies than there are cat avies. This forum on the whole thinks 'Hoff kicks ***.

Could be the end for the cat - long live da 'Hoff!

mav3rick
03-19-2008, 04:34 PM
oh my not another 9.5 thread .... guys get laid

zapper1998
03-19-2008, 05:24 PM
:thumbsup:
:thumbsup:
:agree:

Thats Funny....every other night...ya baby...:D :devil:

oh my not another 9.5 thread .... guys get laid

Hopper
03-19-2008, 07:26 PM
Yup ... but that only lasts for a while (you know ... a few hours or so) ... then afterwards it's a ham sandwich and back to the Refresh key.. :D

geothefaust
03-19-2008, 08:17 PM
On a serious note; I think it's truly because certain beta testers revealed information against the NDA. I don't just mean 9.5 beta, I also mean from v9.x onward.

So, a big thanks to those that did it. Now we wont be seeing a beta any time soon. (After saying this, it'll probably be released, lol)

pumeco
03-20-2008, 05:54 AM
You have to admit though, NewTek are very trusting when it comes to their customers. I wasn't aware something was let out of the bag by someone, but it's a shame nonetheless. Maybe NewTek didn't really want to promote the specs of the beta this early, but only did so because of the mistake made by a betatester.

This is just speculation I know, but after reading about this I think I'm gonna go back to working on my LightWave configs instead of waiting for 9.5. I think you could be right - 9.5 beta not anytime soon.

globalnode
03-20-2008, 06:11 AM
If that is the case? It sure would be nice if someone from NT came on here and let us know it wasn't going to be any time soon...
Who spilled the beans... about what?

Thats a bogus excuse anyway... one has nothing to do with the other. Why would they hold the beta back if it was ready? I think its delayed because it was a bug ridden mess with poorly implemented features.
I also don't think there will be another update till v10... so maybe they needed to tape on a few more features so people didn't get mad!

Steamthrower
03-20-2008, 10:18 AM
I knew it from Day One.

It's his usernames that give it away. Perhaps next time he'll be creative.

Wavemaster, globalnode, oldteker...man, dude, get creative.

At least this time he's got an avatar. But seriously, if you're wanting to be a helpful contributing member of the community, then post with your name "Bryan" and then act like you're real.

globalnode
03-20-2008, 01:08 PM
Who???

geothefaust
03-20-2008, 01:16 PM
Is that you again Bryan?

It's definitely him. Inigo, I too had the same feeling it was him from his first posts. It's so obvious. I've reported him already, hopefully he gets banned.

Anyway, back on topic. If you do some searching, you will see that some one did in fact, leak information. Now it's not directly said that the beta was delayed because of this, but read a post by a certain someone and you'll get the same feeling that it is the case in this instance.

I think so anyway. I could be wrong, but, I feel pretty strong about that one. Anyway, if you put 2+2 together it makes a lot of sense.

Steamthrower
03-20-2008, 01:20 PM
Well, if that's the case then that "leaking" guy better not ever let on that he's the leaker...or some folks around here will crucify him...then fry him alive on a pyre after dismembering him.

geothefaust
03-20-2008, 01:22 PM
In 3D? ;)

globalnode
03-20-2008, 01:23 PM
It makes no sense! and is just the excuse that NT plan on using for their incompetence... What does someone leaking information have to do with when the beta is ready? Why would they hold back a ready beta? They wouldn't!

The beta was a mess and they didn't want to be a laughing stock of 3d once again... That is my guess!

Steamthrower
03-20-2008, 01:23 PM
4D, actually, 'cause it'll be animated.

EDIT: Does "la" mean Los Angeles or Louisiana?

geothefaust
03-20-2008, 01:28 PM
L.A. = Lose Angeles. LA = Louisiana. :D

Crap, I can't work in 4D yet...

Hey, globalnode. Please crawl back into that ban hole you came from. Thank you.

geothefaust
03-20-2008, 01:31 PM
Just to elaborate oldtekker/bryphi, etc., since you seem to be rather dense and one sided in all conversations.

People releasing information illegally, is a damn good reason to hold back on releasing a product. Hellgate London, anyone? Seriously, stop being such a... Well, such a bryphi.

Hey Neverko, can we get the dirt on this guy again? Just for good measure. ;)

globalnode
03-20-2008, 01:33 PM
L.A. = Lose Angeles. LA = Louisiana. :D

Crap, I can't work in 4D yet...

Hey, globalnode. Please crawl back into that ban hole you came from. Thank you.
MOD SEZ:
Personal attacks are not allowed on NewTek's forums. Remember you are a guest here. Please ponder that during your imposed time-out.

Na... I'm good!
What... are you saying that you dont question NT's competence? I'd have to call you a fool then...fool!

Steamthrower
03-20-2008, 01:38 PM
The Louisiana swamp creature rises murkily from his stagnant hole and wipes the mossy algae from before his pale, lidless eyes. He straightens his bent form and peers into the dark fog...searching...searching for his prey...

globalnode
03-20-2008, 01:42 PM
Would that be the fire swamp?

OOZZEE
03-20-2008, 02:01 PM
hey globalnode.... common sense please. regardless of who you are, writing posts like the ones you are writing will probably get you banned (again) and those posts will probably get removed ( again ) so whats the point. Do you really think you can convince anyone here on these forums with the words you choose. My 7 year old has more common sense than yourself. So please, do everyone one a favor and keep your negativity away from here unless it`s truly valid.

globalnode
03-20-2008, 02:08 PM
If there is one thing that I know about its LW's short comings...
Do you really think I am worried about getting banned?
Good for your 7 year old... Boy or girl?

Its not my fault that NT is incapable of doing what they say when they say...

OOZZEE
03-20-2008, 02:20 PM
lots of things and other software have shortcomings... so what !

not afraid of getting banned, what about legal procedures... did you ever think for a moment that NT may take serious action against you if you keep coming here and posting the way you do. If you were a legit customer, they have your info on file and may just report you.

Obviously, I`m not speaking of NT knowledge here, but WHAT IF... is it worth it.

just trying to help you understand the basics. .

If you do have an issue with NT, try to resolve it and get on good terms with them.

what you do will definitely not help you with your feelings.

good luck.

ngrava
03-20-2008, 02:29 PM
Hey there, easy guys! You know what kind of place this would be if you couldn't speak your mind? I'm sorry but that would suck. I don't care how negative people get, it's not against the rules to complain. Period!

I know you guys are all uppity because the beta is delayed and we haven't heard hide nor hair from NT on the subject but lets all try an stay rational while we wait. ;)

Are are some things to do instead of continually hitting refresh in the forums:

1.) Go get drunk.
2.) Sign up for the new CGchallenge and then go download a free copy of XSI for use during the challenge.
3.) Learn how to use XSI.
4.) Force yourself not to retch while using Mental Ray.
5.) Look at pictures of naked mole rats.
6.) Go look at Icanhascheezeburger.com.
8.) Go get drunk again.
9.) Does there have to be a number 9?
10.) Oh, I don't know... Go outside or something.

pumeco
03-20-2008, 02:32 PM
Wow, I think I missed something when I was away from the forums 8~

So is globalnode the beta-leak person you're all on about? Sorry if I got this wrong, but if that's right, why would you do that globalnode? An NDA is not 'just' an NDA, it's a sign that the developer has faith and trust in you - so why do that to them? Once a developer knows you can be trusted, the future would surely be an exciting prospect in that they'll likely trust you again and again.

Nice avatar dude, but if that's the sort of thing you're about then that's a sorry state to be in - and it's unfortunate (for us all it seems) that NewTek trusted you.

ngrava
03-20-2008, 02:34 PM
Oh, and just for the record, the only thing that keeps him coming back is to read your huffy posts about forum etiquette. Give me a break guys. Your acting like school children. "Teacher, Globalnode is at it again!" What's the term for someone who continually takes the bait each time?

Just ignore him and he wont have any reason to continue.

OOZZEE
03-20-2008, 02:46 PM
ngrava, it`s not againts the rules to complain - you're right. but does it make sense to do so when the only goal is to cause havoc. you would have to agree that the answer to that is no. thats what is not acceptable.

+surely you understood that a couple of posts there were just to help the guy.

and like neverko has stated, the activities of this individual have very very questionable as per other user posts/threads in the past.

Steamthrower
03-20-2008, 03:00 PM
Looky here folks:

http://www.newtek.com/forums/member.php?u=89089

Wonder who he is?

"I eat bananas" vs. Neverko's "I am a banana"?

ippro
03-20-2008, 03:03 PM
Everyone is entitled to their opinion. From what I see, NT does seem to be falling quite a bit short of expectations.

Steamthrower
03-20-2008, 03:06 PM
Holy crap, please, leave!

ippro
03-20-2008, 03:07 PM
That is rude. Where you talking to me?

Steamthrower
03-20-2008, 03:09 PM
Reported.

ngrava
03-20-2008, 03:11 PM
Yep. It's called Trolling. But it takes two to tango my friends. But the fact remains that he would be nothing without the gasoline you all provide. Just common sense guys. Do not feed the bears!

:D

ippro
03-20-2008, 03:11 PM
reported what?

ippro
03-20-2008, 03:19 PM
It would seem so. :thumbsdow

Wickster
03-20-2008, 04:16 PM
What the Heck is going on here!? You! You and You! Get on that corner. You! You! You and You! Get over on that side! Stay there!

Now be quiet and reflect all the things that you've all said today. Not a word people, we will stay like this til 9.5 comes out, even if it is on April 23. :D

Magnetix
03-20-2008, 05:45 PM
we dont need a open-beta anymore, we need at first "A Community"

:agree: What is going on, some people whaa! all day long and some act like they own the place!, really getting old fast!!!!!!!, just about finished with this place for what it's worth, one by one they leave; you guys happy!!!!!!!!

zapper1998
03-20-2008, 06:09 PM
Yep. It's called Trolling. But it takes two to tango my friends. But the fact remains that he would be nothing without the gasoline you all provide. Just common sense guys. Do not feed the bears! :D

Now That Is Funny :D
The bear part...
So who we talking about ??, I missed that part I think