PDA

View Full Version : Problems with transparency

LearningLightW
03-19-2008, 11:03 AM
Hello,

I have this object I'm trying to make transparent to see the inner components. But, it seems like the areas where the exterior has multiple layers are being rendered as white rather than transparent. I checked and these multiple layers are not coplanar polygons. I also set the diffuse property reflective property to zero but it doesn't seem to help much. Does anyone have any tips? Or do I just have to go into modeler and delete the multiple layers? -- which i hope is not the case!

Thanks!

sadkkf
03-19-2008, 11:38 AM
Make sure you have 'render transparency' set in your globals.

LearningLightW
03-19-2008, 11:45 AM
I have 'Ray Trace Transparency' set under Render Options. Is that what you mean?

sadkkf
03-19-2008, 12:31 PM
Yes. Can you post some sample renders?

LearningLightW
03-19-2008, 02:00 PM
Here's a sample of my rendering. What you're seeing is part of a box and you'll notice there are some white things showing up. Those actually have the same surface/color as the exterior box but for some reason it's rendering as white. I would like to have it so that they all render as transparent and you can just see the outline of the objects

sadkkf
03-19-2008, 03:07 PM
Can you verify your surface setting is transparent? And maybe try rendering that object in a scene by itself to see how it renders.

Can you also upload a larger image? It's a little difficult to see what's happening.

LearningLightW
03-19-2008, 03:29 PM
Sorry, I can't post the whole image. But thanks so much for your help, I'll try your suggestion on rendering the object in a different scene.

LearningLightW
03-19-2008, 04:04 PM
Hi, you were right. I tried it out in a different environment and it renders fine. Must be something with global illumination?

sadkkf
03-20-2008, 08:43 AM
Can you post your object and scene files? I can take a look at them later today and see what's going on.