PDA

View Full Version : :0] Hello NewTek ??? Please Excuse Me .... :0]

zapper1998
03-18-2008, 04:09 PM
Please Excuse this Post.....

HELLO OUT THERE, Yo

So Could you Please Give us a Rough Estimate of what, WEEK????, of what YEAR ????.

You plan on giving use this UPGRADE to 9.5 ?????

Get Us All Excited And DRAG it OUT for ????? what......

I must be .......... Losing it ..... ?????

Please Excuse this Post.....

Have A Great Day...:D

:thumbsup:

:I_Love_Ne

:lightwave

jasond
03-18-2008, 04:19 PM
At some point we're going to get an unfinished, not-production ready piece of software so we can help squash bugs.

Don't see a lot of reason to be too awfully excited about that.

On the other hand, the presumed-and-yet unannounced official upgrade of 9.5 should be really cool, sometime in late '08 I'll bet.

globalnode
03-18-2008, 04:37 PM
Yeah, its getting a bit ridiculous...9 was announced in 05 its now 08 and I dont see anything to build my confidence in LW or NT! I think it may finally be time to move on... Its the same program with more patched on features... There is no rewrite, more like a repatch!

jasonwestmas
03-18-2008, 04:51 PM
Yeah, its getting a bit ridiculous...9 was announced in 05 its now 08 and I dont see anything to build my confidence in LW or NT! I think it may finally be time to move on... Its the same program with more patched on features... There is no rewrite, more like a repatch!

I'd be surprised if you actually tried to do any rendering at all in LW9.3.1. It's pretty nice. It's a totally different animal in that respect.

globalnode
03-18-2008, 04:56 PM
I'd be surprised if you actually tried to do any rendering at all in LW9.3.1. It's pretty nice. It's a totally different animal in that respect.
Been using it since the 9.3.1.2.1 beta. Glad your pleased with the state of the program! you must have low expectations...

digital verve
03-18-2008, 05:19 PM
9.5 will be great. Can't wait :)

hrgiger
03-18-2008, 06:13 PM
Yes Newtek, when are you going to release the beta so we can stop having new threads about when you're going to release the beta?

KevinL
03-18-2008, 07:17 PM
Release the ..., when, when beta, beta... Is there an echo in here? (the forums)

:)
Kevin

DragonFist
03-18-2008, 07:29 PM
I was going to say something. Then thought against it.

Just going to report the trolling. Thinking Wavemaster, is back again.

geothefaust
03-18-2008, 07:39 PM
I was going to say something. Then thought against it.

Just going to report the trolling. Thinking Wavemaster, is back again.

Hey, it's definitely him AGAIN. I called him on it in another thread, and he responded like he did the last time he was called on it. He needs banned, again...

Steamthrower
03-18-2008, 07:50 PM
You know, all these 9.5 where-is-it threads were funny until a couple days ago.

I'm getting a bit annoyed now.

It'll come when it comes.

We're not losing money because of it.

So, please.

Calm down.

And ban Wavemaster. Again.

jasonwestmas
03-18-2008, 10:12 PM
Been using it since the 9.3.1.2.1 beta. Glad your pleased with the state of the program! you must have low expectations...

Well what are you trying to do when rendering? That's the question, not. . .oh btw it doesn't do much good on anything. Otherwise why would you be here? I'm not fully pleased or fully unpleased with anything when using any application.

globalnode
03-18-2008, 10:39 PM
The render is nice, but its still lacking in some areas!

better buffers would be nice...
recursions out of the global panel and put in the shader...
per surface control over gi photons...
caustics...
nodal image processing like dponts nodes, but integrated...
global surface control...

jasonwestmas
03-19-2008, 08:57 AM
The render is nice, but its still lacking in some areas!

better buffers would be nice...
recursions out of the global panel and put in the shader...
per surface control over gi photons...
caustics...
nodal image processing like dponts nodes, but integrated...
global surface control...

Okay, I was just curious. . .what about the caustics? The new material and transparency nodes seem to handle that pretty well.

globalnode
03-19-2008, 11:52 AM
not when animated... for stills its ok.