PDA

View Full Version : Saslite Error While Rendering

squawskier1080
03-17-2008, 08:41 PM
Hi, I am in the process of learning how to use Lightwave. I have a scene with a character who has Saslite applied multiple times in an attempt to gain a Ghillie Suit like affect on my character. I tweaked the settings on the Saslite in a scene in which my character has no bones or rigging set up, and it rendered fine. But when I apply the same settings to my character in my scene with the rigging and bones set up, and I try to render a frame, Lightwave comes up with an error message and closes.

If anyone can help me with this problem, or if I need to better clarify my problem, please let me know.

Thanks!

Eric

OOZZEE
03-19-2008, 01:15 PM
hi, what is the error message ?

squawskier1080
03-19-2008, 04:57 PM
It is the error that pops up for various applications in windows, this one says "lightwave layout has encountered an error and needs to close" and it gives you the option to send error report or not, and when you click don't send or send, it closes layout.

OOZZEE
04-11-2008, 02:43 PM
hi squawskier1080, sorry for not replying earlier....this looks like just a regular software crash because of a situation that the program couldnt handle and not an eror message where you forgot to do something to make saslite work.

If this is the case, there is not much you can do except try to redo the saslite hair in hopes that it doesnt crash LW again.

If I am mistaken, please let me know so that I can try to help further.

later

squawskier1080
04-15-2008, 03:59 PM
it seems that when I place any kind of saslite on my character, light wave crashes, but when i apply it to an object, it renders fine.

JamesCurtis
04-15-2008, 04:10 PM
Is your model subpatched? Not sure if this could be it, but is a possible suggestion.

squawskier1080
04-15-2008, 07:34 PM
o yes, it is subpatched. is saslite unable to read the geometry on subpatched objects?

thanks