PDA

View Full Version : OT: Should Certain Avatars Be Removed?

Steamthrower
03-17-2008, 03:17 PM
A certain poster who shall remain nameless (pumeco to be exact) has added an avatar to his repertoire that is seriously painful to look at. It's the image of a nameless pseudo-actor (David Hasselblad or something) who is unnaturally bronzed and...well, to boil it all down, it's disgusting. Just because someone's chest muscles are chronically overdeveloped doesn't mean they're suddenly these "great actors" or anything, ya know?

So, in an effort to prevent the younger generation from losing their eyesight prematurely, please vote to utterly force Pumeco to remove his avatar. And his large red letter signature.

It's in the cause of decency, folks. My retinas are scorched.

geothefaust
03-17-2008, 03:40 PM
I once saw the elusive beast we refer to as 'The Hoff', in a cave once up here in the Pacific Northwest. Upon sighting the creature, a loud and thunderous roar was heard, and instantly all animals ran away. It's then my instincts kicked in, and I too began to run for my life.

I once had an interview on that old show 'Unsolved Mysteries', when they recorded an episode about 'The Hoff'. But unfortunately it was never aired. Not many people believe that this creature truly exists... But I do.

That all said, I truly believe that avatars containing...That thing, shouldn't be allowed. It could cause me severe trauma.

serge
03-17-2008, 03:43 PM
Are you talking about him?
http://i101.photobucket.com/albums/m60/oscorlortor/david-hasselhoff-07.jpg

eagleeyed
03-17-2008, 03:49 PM
AHHHHHHHHHHH! It burns!

IMI
03-17-2008, 03:50 PM
On more careful thought, I voted "No, he's worthy of emulation".
Only because you worded it that way.
And, who wouldn't want to be Hasslehoff anyway? Except for maybe Hugh Heffnner, Bill Gates, Freddie Mercury, The Don't-Squeeze-The Charmin Guy, Jesus, Jimi Hendrix, Matt Groening, and millions of others, I can't think of anyone.
I think we should all have a Hasselhoff avatar....

Steamthrower
03-17-2008, 03:57 PM
Oh my freaking holy levitatin' burrito. That pic...renders me blind.

It's the hairdo.

IMI
03-17-2008, 04:09 PM
Yeah, that is a bit extreme.

Sande
03-17-2008, 04:12 PM
"I'm six foot four, an all-American guy, and handsome and talented as well!"
-David Hasselhoff

He forgot "modest"... ;)

Steamthrower
03-17-2008, 07:07 PM
Please, IMI. I liked your LW Aztec snake logo thing better.

Jim_C
03-17-2008, 07:14 PM
All of us who actually tried to watch the new Knight Rider have a WHOLE new appreciation for the Hoff (http://youtube.com/watch?v=82-FJyniP7A)!

IMI
03-17-2008, 07:36 PM
Please, IMI. I liked your LW Aztec snake logo thing better.

I thought you were mad at pumeco, not me.
Jeez, make up your mind already. ;)

pumeco
03-17-2008, 07:47 PM
@Sande
Hey, love the avatar, maybe we could join forces?

I was thinking maybe we could aim for getting at least 50% of the forum members to change to some sort of Hoff avatar over the next 24 hours, maybe pushing for 75% before 9.5 arrives. Imagine that, a forum full of Hoff avies!

@serge
Would you like me to sign that for you?

@all
Listen guys, there's not enough of you with Hoff' avatars. When I log-on tomorrow I'd love to see a marked improvement on this. Let's see what a totally crazed inigo07 looks like!

Until tomorrow then, be sure to dream of me as always, just don't tell your wives :thumbsup:

manholoz
03-17-2008, 09:57 PM
On more careful thought, I voted "No, he's worthy of emulation".
Only because you worded it that way.
And, who wouldn't want to be Hasslehoff anyway? Except for maybe Hugh Heffnner, Bill Gates, Freddie Mercury, The Don't-Squeeze-The Charmin Guy, Jesus, Jimi Hendrix, Matt Groening, and millions of others, I can't think of anyone.
I think we should all have a Hasselhoff avatar....
Chuck Norris kicks the Hoff's butt.
As to being worthy of emulation, I'ld like to emulate him being so close to beautiful women ala baywatch.

globalnode
03-17-2008, 10:41 PM
count me in...

kilvano
03-17-2008, 11:48 PM
The Hoff and Stephen Segal should join forces with Chuck Norris. Togerther they could find Osama

Jim_C
03-17-2008, 11:56 PM
until I see a bare chested Chuck Norris scoop fast food off the floor with his dirty hand and eat it as his daughter videotapes,... the Hoff whoops Chuckie's texas *****!!!

caccipergolo
03-18-2008, 02:35 AM
reported

jburford
03-18-2008, 05:17 AM
The Hoff and Stephen Segal should join forces with Chuck Norris. Togerther they could find Osama

nope, sorry it won't happen....

Osama is in the Federal Witness Protection Program! That is why he is not being found. (nor would they want to find him)

archijam
03-18-2008, 06:44 AM
http://www.hasselhoff.com/Hoff%20-%20Hypnotic.gif

Steamthrower
03-18-2008, 06:54 AM
That's about the extent of his intelligence: looking cool in the water.

cresshead
03-18-2008, 08:13 AM
http://www.hasselhoff.com/Hoff%20-%20Hypnotic.gif

awsome!

would like to see a babe watch babe avatar too!:thumbsup: :D

like errr ''running''...bounce bounce!

pumeco
03-18-2008, 01:01 PM
You know what, sometimes I worry about you lot.

Why on earth has inigo07, Sande, and globalnode got this 'fing for Hasselhoff, so much so that they have 'Hoff avies? What's that all about then eh? He's a good singer and all but there's no need for all this.

Now if you'll excuse me I'll get back to speaking with the 'guys' of the forum;
cresshead, I'll see what I've got lurking on my hard drive. I've been gathering pictures as reference for a LightWave figure so I've got loads to search through. Terrible job I know but someone has to do it.

Steamthrower
03-18-2008, 01:04 PM
I have an anti-Hoff avatar.

It is different than a Hoff avatar.

pumeco
03-19-2008, 02:52 PM
Hasselbluff? :D

tyrot
03-19-2008, 03:03 PM
dear inigo

best thread of this month..

Best

hrgiger
03-19-2008, 03:25 PM
I found this one on the web. This pretty much sums up my feelings.

pumeco
03-19-2008, 04:06 PM
What a wasted opportunity 'giger.
That'd make a great avatar for you - take it - before someone else does :thumbsup:

Matt
03-19-2008, 06:24 PM
This one is particularly bad:

http://gregcookland.com/journal/uploaded_images/picHasselHoff-747711.jpg

Or why not make your Hoff and you too can recreate the drunken, burger munching kitchen scene!

:D

http://neatorama.cachefly.net/images/2007-09/posable-paper-david-hasselhoff.jpg

Matt
03-19-2008, 06:26 PM
For those in need of protection ...

Steamthrower
03-19-2008, 06:29 PM
Oh, my. The more I learn about the 'Hoff, the more I wish I had included inflammatory language in my poll.

Hopper
03-19-2008, 07:29 PM
MY EYES!!! MY EYES!!! O GOD!! THEY'RE BURNING!!! MY EYES!!!

I don't think I'll be able to scrape that out of my minds eye with a rusty pair of scissors and an ice pick. :cry:

Steamthrower
03-19-2008, 07:34 PM
Does this pic display Hopper's (and my) current ocular state well enough?

http://www.bzangygroink.co.uk/images/2005/eye.jpg

KevinL
03-19-2008, 07:41 PM
I don't believe it's appropriate to discuss religion on these forums!

:) :bowdown: :heart: :D :angel: :dance: :dance:

Kevin

P.S. On the other hand, discussion of the gratuitous abuse of emoticons, perfectly reasonable

pumeco
03-19-2008, 07:46 PM
Damn you, Matt, I promised I wouldn't make anymore 'Hoff jokes - although I never promised not to laugh.

They definately deserve a :lol:

Jim_C
03-20-2008, 12:43 PM
he has been a Dr
he drove a talking computerized car
he had a #1 hit in Germany
he was THE MAN on Baywatch
he directed a Nazi musical
he has released 15 albums
he starred in the SpongeBob movie
he tells Americans if they have talent or not
he has aired his dirty laundry rather proudly......

he is... the Hoff

Steamthrower
03-20-2008, 01:06 PM
He was also on The Young and the Restless.

This negates 80% of everything else he did.

And of course he has undying incredibly admirable modesty:

Amid all the adversity, whenever I had problems, God always said 'Here's Chicago, here's a book, here's the No. 1 TV show, here's the No. 1 movie, here's a recording deal, here's two million downloads. I'm gonna make you the biggest star in the world, David...

pumeco
03-29-2008, 10:08 AM
Well after a certain comment by a certain someone *cough*hrgiger*cough* elsewhere on the forum, I've decided that being the 'Hoff might be giving off the wrong signals, so I'm sorry to have to say this, but da 'Hoff has to go.

I'm currently putting my replacement avatar up for suggestions, so if you have any - please tell.
In the meantime I'll hang on to the 'Hoff, could be an hour left, could be a day - who knows.

IMI
03-29-2008, 06:39 PM
You don't mean to say that you believe that Luxology ignore you because of Hasselhoff, do you?

I'm currently putting my replacement avatar up for suggestions, so if you have any - please tell.

How about Tom Jones or Barry Manilow? :D
If not, just find some public domain kitty picture - those seem to go over quite well in 3D forums, and I've heard simply having a kitty avatar somehow actually improves one's CG abilities. ;)

Steamthrower
03-29-2008, 08:29 PM
Barry Manilow? Is he that guy who's touring the rural sections of Indonesia for lack of an upscale Western audience?

IMI
03-29-2008, 08:35 PM
Barry Manilow? Is he that guy who's touring the rural sections of Indonesia for lack of an upscale Western audience?

Maybe, but I don't know. All I know is he writes the songs that make the whole world sing, the songs of love and special things, and the songs that make the young girls cry.
This in spite of the fact that song was a cover. ;)

Steamthrower
03-29-2008, 09:48 PM
Don't fall in love in Copacabana, girls. At least not with this guy.

http://www.planetout.com/images/slides/barry400.jpg

IMI
03-29-2008, 09:57 PM
WHOAH!
For the love of all that is good, fair and decent, please, let's never see this again or even speak of it.

Steamthrower
03-30-2008, 11:27 AM
Yes sir, I've permanently injured the eyes and minds of hundreds of viewers out there, and this damage is enough for a couple months. I shall find a tall pole and become a hermit. I repent. Temporarily.

Jim_C
03-30-2008, 01:12 PM

No... he's the guy whole stole the Emmy from Colbert in '06.

pumeco
03-31-2008, 05:36 AM
I nearly choked on a biscuit crumb because of him once. I was sat there watching the telly and this comedian guy runs up to him waving a big white bedsheet and shouts "Hey Barry, you dropped your tissue!". I'll admit that was way out of line for the comedian, but at the time I almost choked.

Sorry, but there's no way I'm having Barry for my avatar.
He's a good musician'n'all (just ask my sis'), but he's still not going on my avie - no way.

Absolutely not.

I was considering using a pussycat for my avatar, just like a lot of you do.
I can't though, because the type I had in mind has plenty of fur - but no legs :D

Shame though, cause it would have made the forum exciting again.
I mean it just hasn't been the same since they stopped Matt posting those spam threads - has it.

Anyway, me being the considerate sort of guy that I am, I've decided to knock-up a few avies and post them all here. I'll let you guys choose which avie you'd rather look at when they're ready. There'll be at least eight to choose from and I think you'll like them, I've just got to do some web surfing in order to gather enough material to make them.

I know you're all on the edge of your seats in anticipation of the new pumeco avatar, but please, remember good things come to those that wait :hey: