PDA

View Full Version : LW 8.5 Constant crashing in Modeler & Layout

THREEL
03-16-2008, 01:27 PM
I recently purchased a new computer and transfered :lwicon: 8.5 to it. Started with 8.3 and then installed the update to 8.5. I'm having a terrible time with both Modeler & Layout crashing, almost constantly. Any help on fixing this problem would be greatly appreciated.

Here are the computer specs:

PC
Dual core
2140 @1.60GHz
1 Gig RAM
Legacy audio drivers
Legacy Video Capture Devices
Sigma Tel High Definition Audio Codec
Display Adapter: Intel(R) 946GZExpress Chipset Family

If this isn't enough info, please, let me know what other info would help.

tHANX!

AL

THREEL
03-16-2008, 02:50 PM
I recently purchased a new computer and transfered :lwicon: 8.5 to it. Started with 8.3 and then installed the update to 8.5. I'm having a terrible time with both Modeler & Layout crashing, almost constantly. Any help on fixing this problem would be greatly appreciated.

Here are the computer specs:

PC
Dual core
2140 @1.60GHz
1 Gig RAM
Legacy audio drivers
Legacy Video Capture Devices
Sigma Tel High Definition Audio Codec
Display Adapter: Intel(R) 946GZExpress Chipset Family

If this isn't enough info, please, let me know what other info would help.

tHANX!

AL

I forgot this info.

Windows XP Pro
SP2

donny
03-17-2008, 08:25 AM
Try deleting your LightWave config files and check to see if there are any new driver updates for your display card. Also how much ram is the video card running it looks like your running on a onboard video card, is this a laptop? If a desktop see if you have a slot to put in a video card.

markschum
03-17-2008, 09:08 AM
I ran 8.5 on an emachines , 512 meg memory with onboard video geforce 4 mx and didnt have any problems with it .

I would try the config files first and see if that makes a difference.

BeeVee
03-17-2008, 09:47 AM
There's a lot of difference between onboard Intel graphics and onboard NVidia graphics though. I would try to get the lowest of the low graphics cards if you are on a desktop machine Threel.

B

THREEL
03-17-2008, 11:00 AM
Donny & Mark: Where do I find the LW config files? If I delete them will I be done configuring things in LW?

BeeVee: It is an Intel Graphics card. There are some settings to manipulate for 3D. Here are the OpenGL Settings as of now:

Asynchronous Flip: Off
Triple Buffering: Default
Flipping Policy: Flip
Depth Buffer Bit Depth: Default
Force STC3 Texture Compression: Off
Force FXT1 Texture Compression: Off
Driver Memory Footprint: Normal
Texture Color Depth: Desktop Color Depth
Anisotropic Filtering: Application Control

Also, I have an ATI All-In-Wonder 9000 from my old machine. Do you think that would work?

tHANX!

AL

PS--I'm in the process of looking for new display drivers as well.

THREEL
03-18-2008, 07:08 AM
I'm not 100% positive yet, but I think, with the help of donny, Mark, & BeeVee, I have my Modeler/Layout crashing problem figured out. I found an accelerated graphics card driver update from Intel. It seems to have done the trick.

tHANX again for your help! :thumbsup: :)

AL