PDA

View Full Version : Lost in Lscript..

FastFeet
03-16-2008, 07:40 AM
Hi,

really need someone's help here i;m lost in lscript.

All i want to do is... load a model then 'exporteps' it. Repeat for all files in directory.

I have tried all the docs, and find some things, but as a ultra noob, i cant get them all connected.

I see nothing for "export eps" in the docs, does this mean it cant be done?

Thanks for help

LightFreeze
03-16-2008, 12:26 PM
the docs only cover native lscript commands but you can run some plugins or modeler commands using cmdseq().
To find the commands you can use with it find the 'save cmd List' in modeler and then examine the file it generates, the actual one you want is cmd$ExportEPS and you would use it like this, cmdseq("ExportEPS");
it might do what you want however it might throw a dialogue at you everytime you use it

FastFeet
03-19-2008, 05:11 AM
Thanks for that, but it does throw a dialog, and that's a pity, because it'll take forever to fill it in each go.

any other thoughts?

FastFeet
03-19-2008, 06:15 AM
i did try

main
{
cmdseq("ExportEPS","anything");
}

but it still opens the dialog, and takes no-never-mind to the parameter i send it. It only seems to like one param, as sending more just makes it complain, wrong # of param's.

Confused...

Any further help would be gratefully appreciated.

markschum
03-19-2008, 08:50 AM
I wonder if the parameter it will take is possibly an "option string". That is all the parameters passed as a single string.

LightFreeze
03-19-2008, 05:15 PM
I think its unlikely to work, most plugins are not designed to accept parameters but cmdseq does, it takes one string which is what the error message is referring to and I think it then passes that to the plugin, which just ignores it it seems from my tests