PDA

View Full Version : Targetting Troubles

Ramen Sama
03-15-2008, 08:39 PM
So i've had to rebuild my rig several time the last few sessions for various reasons, and sometimes i get an issue i can't figure out. This isn't the first time this problem has cropped up, but i can't remember how i fixed it.

http://subvoicestudios.com/~ramensama/targetingtrouble.jpg

Firstly, you can see in the first pic, i have target set for the head bone. But it doesn't point to it. If i enable FSPE, as in the 2nd pic, it works fine.

However, i loaded up another version of this rig, and it works just fine like it should without enabling FSPE. What could be causing this issue??

To explain, i've got IK setup on the body in the normal manner, there's a goal object for the neck bone, and this happens when i enable match goal orientation on it.

Ramen Sama
03-15-2008, 08:50 PM
I can move the target object, and the head will follow..... but the more move the neck goal, the greater the incorrect angle is. In the above picture, i moved the neck goal over a little so she's sorta bent a little to the side.

Ramen Sama
03-15-2008, 09:16 PM
Well, i deleted the head related bones and re-converted them from skelegons. seems it will work now. I'm guessing something related to align pitch, or pivot rotations have some side effects on bones that target things.